Grandstream ATA386 + sipgate call cancel problem

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by chifu, Nov 17, 2006.

  1. chifu

    chifu

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a Grandstream ATA386 working with Sipgate but I get a problem if I cancel a call before the receipient pickups.

    My sipgate phone stops ringing but the receipient's phone carries on ringing and will go onto voicemail if it has the facility. To stop it, the receipient has to pickup and replace their receiver. This obviously shows up as a connected call in my sipgate accounts.

    After this I can not make any more calls and have to reboot the ATA386.

    If I download the Sipgate X-lite software, the softphone can cancel calls correctly. Which makes me susppect something to do with the ATA386.

    Has anyone come across similiar problems and have a solution?

    Many Thanks

    chifu, Nov 17, 2006

  2. chifu

    hillieren

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    try Vbuzzer

    You may want to try vbuzzer service, you can find its website at:

    http://www.vbuzzer.com/

    I used to use sipgate and had the same problem, but then I switched to Vbuzzer, so far so good.

    hillieren, Dec 8, 2006