    Is this right? Seems to me something's missing somewhere......??

    Thanks,

    Gordon

    Gordon J. Rattray, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Ack! What cross-posts...
    Yes, this is a normal function. It may not appear in all cases...

    Bob

    Bob Christian, Sep 5, 2004

  3. circa Sat, 4 Sep 2004 15:38:16 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory, Gordon J. Rattray
    () said,
    There are some settings in Group Policy that are applied only when
    the machine starts up. When you use the /force switch, you're telling
    the machine to update all group policies, including those that have
    not changed and as a result, those that require a reboot. Since
    you've apparently set some policies that take place at system
    startup, you're being prompted to reboot.

    Try gpupdate without any switches and see what happens.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson [MVP], Sep 5, 2004
  4. Gordon J. Rattray

    tim.smith Guest