    Linux-compatible, demonstrating the government's desire to widen the
    nation's usage of open source software. ""

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Jun 3, 2006

  2. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Fred Dagg Guest

    The communist countries have always been very keen on Linux, and vice
    versa.

    They can keep it.

    Fred Dagg, Jun 3, 2006

  3. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Invisible Guest

    Is this because their $3 knockoff copies of XP no longer work ;-)

    Invisible, Jun 3, 2006
  4. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    E. Scrooge Guest

    The biggest pirates in the world.
    What the Hell has "trust" got to do with China?

    China also have the strictest internet censorship anywhere, which would suit
    you right down to the ground. Chinese Government monitoring your computer,
    just what you need.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jun 3, 2006
  5. I'm not sure if it is reasonable to describe Brazil as a "communist"
    country.

    People choose to use Linux based software because it works.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Jun 3, 2006
  6. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Philip Guest

    This is happening in Taipei, Taiwan - in the ROC - the other place
    called China.

    You're thinking of Beijing, a wholly different kettle of little emperors.

    Philip

    (wondering what sort of china the teacups are made of)

    Philip, Jun 3, 2006
  7. The government of the USA is monitoring and filtering ALL internet traffic
    going through AT&T.

    Do you think that is acceptable?

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Jun 3, 2006
  8. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    You miseed the bit about the Government proposing that all ISPs keep 2
    years worth of records on where each subscriber has been.....so not only
    real time censorship, historic as well.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 4, 2006
  9. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    Carry on choosing to ignore OSS, that is to my advantage.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 4, 2006
  10. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    Probably....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 4, 2006
  11. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    thingy Guest

    Taipei-based Central Trust -- whose operations include banking,
    insurance, trade and warehousing -- is in charge of purchasing computers
    and other equipment for government agencies and schools.

    hint Taipei, or does your geographical capability match your IQ....ie < 100.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jun 4, 2006
  12. hmm. Taipei is in a communist country?
    I guess if you subscribe to the whole "one China" deal it is. If, like me,
    you consider Taiwan to be a separate, entirely non-communist country, then
    Taipei it very definitely is not.

    Matthew Poole, Jun 4, 2006
  13. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    shannon Guest

    Thats surveillance, not censorship, actually.
    There is a difference, and its likely to happen anywhere in differing
    degrees.

    shannon, Jun 4, 2006
  14. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Mark Guest

    Probably the same reason a lot of people use Windows - "because it
    works.".

    Mark, Jun 4, 2006
  15. I see - that's why all those viruses end up killing Windoze PCs.

    That's why The Solution to so many server problems is to reboot the server
    instead of simply killing the rogue thread.

    That's why ConsoleOne and AD don't live happily together on the one PC -
    when each thread should be completely isolated.

    That's why it took M$ nearly a decade to get its Windows GUI into a
    working condition that is only somewhat reasonable for use on top of
    MS-DOS.

    That's why M$ dumped its Windows GUI for MS-DOS in favour of an integrated
    GUI/OS called WindowsNT, and is now in the process of dumping WindowsNT in
    favour of M$ WindowsVi$ta - with all three built using the same code base,
    and with identical vulnerabilities - but all three fundamentally incapable
    of running any and all software compiled for use on M$ "Windows".

    And lets not forget the proposed headless version of M$ Windows that can't
    run GUI-based programmes - and how Windows and WindowsNT cannot be
    remotely administered without the use of a GUI.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Jun 4, 2006
  16. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Invisible Guest

    Sense of humour - look it up and go beg, steal, or borrow one.

    Invisible, Jun 4, 2006
  17. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    shannon Guest

    (Score:5, Insightful)

    shannon, Jun 4, 2006
  18. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Shane Guest

    and thats why youre a hotel porter

    Shane, Jun 4, 2006
  19. Hello!!! This is the USA that you're talking about - it is not a healthy
    society.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Jun 4, 2006
  20. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Gordon Guest

    Sure, but where are the checks and balances which are needed for a
    healthly soceity?

    Gordon, Jun 4, 2006