Gotta laugh - easy to defeat CD-Copy Protection

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by GraB, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. GraB

    GraB Guest

  2. Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 29, 2003

  3. GraB

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Oct 29, 2003
  4. GraB

    harry Guest

    No they didn't, the company CEO climbed down off his high horse overnight.
    You would believe they had even if they didn't

    harry, Oct 29, 2003
  5. GraB

    steve Guest

    Peter allegedly said:
    ....and then the firm concerned dropped it a few days later.

    It's already been passed hasn't it?

    There are a lot of laws going through right now designed to harmonise our
    law with US law in order to make a free trade agreement easier. We will
    have nothing left to give away.

    We need to be paying attention......but very few of us are....and of those,
    an even smaller group are actually doping anything about it.

    This is one case of where being a small country sucks. ONly 10,000 people
    are ever paying attention and sometimes there is just too damn much to
    do....while the vast majority slumber on.

    steve, Oct 29, 2003
  6. GraB

    Peter Guest

    The MED is reviewing the 1994 copyright act, and matters like this are part
    of the consideration.
    Quite right - I made a submission to the copyright review when it was open
    for public comment earlier this year - did you?

    Peter

    Peter, Oct 30, 2003
  7. GraB

    Peter Guest

    It was reported that legal action was started, but, facing great mirth and
    derision, the action was dropped.
    This _is_ the sort of issue that is currently being considered by MED. It
    isn't a question of what I believe, MED has published a position paper and
    said what they are looking at.

    Peter

    Peter, Oct 30, 2003