    when I get a bounce message after e-mailing their [email protected] account...

    Anyone got a valid admin e-mail address there?

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Thund3rstruck

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Thund3rstruck

    doS Guest

    You probably got spammed by someone relaying through charter.net....

    doS, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Thund3rstruck

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.spamcop.net/

    °Mike°, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Thund3rstruck, Nov 22, 2003
  6. °Mike° Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    Thanks.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Nov 22, 2003
  7. Thund3rstruck

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Nov 22, 2003
  8. doS Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    If that was the case, their IP addy would have resolved differently,
    I thought...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Nov 22, 2003
  9. Thund3rstruck

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Nov 22, 2003
  10. °Mike° Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    It is curious why they are not following the standard, though...
    <Shrug>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Nov 22, 2003
  11. Thund3rstruck

    °Mike° Guest

    From SpamCop:

    Parsing input:
    209.225.8.223 is an mx ( 10 ) for charter.net
    host 209.225.8.223 (getting name) = mail.charter.net.

    Reporting addresses:

    °Mike°, Nov 22, 2003
  12. It was on Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:07:09 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    Charter turn a blind eye to spamming, & are not averse to spamming their
    own services. See here:-
    http://tinyurl.com/w5b6

    William Poaster, Nov 22, 2003
  13. Not hardly, there Poaster.Customers are cut off daily for such actions.

    NewKillerStar, Nov 23, 2003
  14. Thund3rstruck

    d c Guest

    Try running it through Spamcop.

    d c, Nov 23, 2003
  15. NewKillerStar Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    My thoughts are that Charter figures that it isn't getting any extra
    $$$ from those customers. If they paid more then maybe... <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Nov 23, 2003
  16. ;-)

    I actually work with the abuse coordinator( spammers, viruses etc) for one
    of the systems.

    NewKillerStar, Nov 23, 2003
  17. Thund3rstruck

    Mara Guest

    Charter is black-hat. Whether they intend to actually do something about that in
    the future, before they're blocklisted into their own intranet, remains to been
    seen - in spite of what drosS's new morph may have to say about it.

    http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/detail.php?domain=charter.net&submitted=1064846432&table=abuse

    or:

    http://tinyurl.com/w625

    Also: