    name of the tests (Hardware & OS) would give a clue as to what the damn cert is
    all about.

    For $200US I think I would've expected more from a diploma mill.

    Jinkies, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Jinkies

    Jinkies Guest

    A quick poll of my wallet reveals that even my library card and video store
    cards are more impressive than the A+ card. The A+ card is on par with my Air
    Miles card and my expired AAA membership card. YAY for cheap crap!

    Jinkies, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Jinkies

    Walter Guest

    Got to agree, would have looked smarter if it was cut out of a cereal
    packet.

    Walter, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Jinkies

    Jinkies Guest

    I'd be embarassed to show the card to anybody.

    Jinkies, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Jinkies

    tas38 Guest

    It is pretty funny ant it, I got my A+ cert back some time ago. I showed
    it to a auto wholesaler I got cars from, when we was talking about
    computers. He looked at it, and cut a deal with me to sell cars on eBay
    for him that very day. Now that was thanks to that cheap card compTIA
    give us, I also got some pretty cool looks from a hot chick at Staples
    when I took it in to get it covered. She showed it to some fellow
    workers there, and it took 2 of them 15 mins to cover it. It was covered
    the best I ever seen, and they only charged me 1/2 price to do it to.

    The point I'm making here is, if people you show it to don't know what
    it is for. That may be a good thing, as in my case it was. I'm still
    selling cars as a power seller, for that auto wholesaler course of that
    cute little card. And of course if you get work from a computer place,
    they will know what it is for just like the workers at Staples knew. I
    didn't even have to tell them, they knew already of course. Never use it
    other then that, and to show family and friends of course. You gotta do
    that, when they tell you how to fix their computers for them of course.
    ;-)

    tas38, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Jinkies

    Wanna Guest

    That's understandable. I would agree that your certification is a
    joke.

    Wanna, Dec 22, 2003
  7. Jinkies

    Jinkies Guest

    These statements appear to conflict. If the Staples clerk "knew what it was,
    of course", why did she "show it to some fellow workers there".

    Your story is ridiculous, your embellishments make it sound like you went in to
    get your wedding ring fitted for more bling bling. If you go into Staples to
    get anything laminated they are going to be nice to you because you are a
    customer. They're not going to laugh at you and say you are a loser for
    wanting such a lame card laminated.

    Jinkies, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Jinkies

    Jinkies Guest

    Yeah to prove its not all a nerd fantasy.

    Jinkies, Dec 23, 2003
  9. Jinkies

    Jinkies Guest

    Then so is yours, if you have one.

    Unless you have more Jesus on your side than I do?!?!?! That must be it.

    Jinkies, Dec 23, 2003
  10. Jinkies

    natural_4u Guest

    LOLOLOL!!!!!

    natural_4u, Dec 23, 2003
  11. Jinkies

    natural_4u Guest

    The actual paper certificate is not that important... what is? The number!
    Have you worked for a company that required the A+? IBM requires A+ as the
    minimum. When you tell IBM that you are A+ qualified they always ask for
    your card with the CompTIA ID number & Verification number. They have to
    cross reference the number with CompTIA to see if this is really you.

    I'm not sure what other companies do when they ask you for A+ minimum
    requirements... but for a serious company like IBM the want to make sure
    you're not bullshitting them.

    But as to what you said about the certificate that doesn't have anything
    with computer mentioned on it you are correct. People coming over to my
    house would always ask, "what is that cert for"???

    Damb I hate explaining!!!!!!!!!

    natural_4u, Dec 23, 2003
  12. Jinkies

    R.A.D. Guest

    Please don't feed the Troll.....

    R.A.D., Dec 24, 2003
  13. Jinkies

    natural_4u Guest

    LOL!!! ok

    natural_4u, Dec 24, 2003
  14. Jinkies

    R.A.D. Guest

    He likes to start flame wars then accuses everyone else of being the
    Troll,He said if people did not troll him he would go away but like most
    troll they come back

    R.A.D., Dec 24, 2003
  15. Jinkies

    Jinkies Guest

    umm no I said that I would be able to stop responding to you if you'd stop
    trolling every one of my posts, like you are doing right now. If you've got
    nothing to say about the topic, just ignore it. It's THAT simple.

    Jinkies, Dec 24, 2003
  16. Jinkies

    R.A.D. Guest

    Am I talking to you ?I did not think so!

    R.A.D., Dec 24, 2003
  17. What is better? A worthless certificate that looks great, or a
    recognized (worldwide) certificatition with a chintzy card. Think
    about this for a long time...

    No matter whether you have a certification or a Ph. D., experience is
    still the best teacher.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 28, 2003
  18. It was an enhancement for one job I got, but they had their own test
    to determine eligibility. Some employers may not have their own tests.
    Manpower (at least at one time) used Brainbench as their source, if
    I'm not mistaken.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 28, 2003
  19. I wouldn't be too sure about that...just a guess, not anything
    involving particular knowledge. I may be wrong...

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 28, 2003
  20. Certificatition? Hahahahaha...

    Tom