    Thanks to you all for being patient and really trying to help. The
    good news is we are going on vacation next Tuesday and they will all
    be shut down for over a week.

    Grandpa Chuck, Aug 25, 2006

  2. Grandpa Chuck

    ian field Guest

    If you're using a pirate copy of XP Billy-G locks your PC against new
    installs, you have to click "don't get automatic updates" then system
    restore to a point before your pirate copy got sussed!

    ian field, Aug 25, 2006

  3. Okay, will try that.

    I was going to go buy a new full copy of Windows, but since all we use
    the computer for is listening to mp3 files and to stream WSUI-AM I
    figured it wasn't worth spending the money.

    Grandpa Chuck, Aug 26, 2006
  4. Grandpa Chuck

    bigbeaver Guest

    Has the typical reader(s) noticed the "Granpa Chuck" has stopped using that
    stupid signature tag line? Every cogent person knows that our sons and
    daughters, our friends and contemporaries are dying in service to our
    country. The only reason GC used that dumb and vapid signature was to bash
    our president, a typical and boorish political comment used by those who don't
    know better. GC never stops to think that the actions of our government,
    regardless of affiliation, insures his right to distribute that statement,
    no matter how his obvious mental condition deteriorates

    bigbeaver, Aug 26, 2006
  5. Grandpa Chuck

    olfart Guest

    Now you can go back into your hole until its time to look for your shadow

    olfart, Aug 26, 2006
  6. Do you mean this? I just didn't know how to attach it with this
    version of Agent.

    You are totally wrong in your assessment of why I use it. I don't need
    to bash Bush. He does a real good job of that all on his own. The
    reason I use it is, as I have often said, is out of respect for those
    that have died.

    As for their sacrifice protecting my rights: nothing could be further
    from the truth with the Bush administration violating all of our
    rights every single day and ignoring our Constitution and Bill of
    Rights. When you have time check out
    http://www.alternet.org/story/40678/
    --

    Proud Grandpa

    -ô¿ô-

    ~

    Americans killed in Iraq as of August 24, 2006 is 2,619. United Kingdom = 115

    Other = 115. Over 100 Iraqi civilians are killed every day. Most by so-called

    insurgents.More than 18,777 Americans wounded.

    08/24/2006 it’s 1212 days since Bush declared, "Mission Accomplished in Iraq."

    Grandpa Chuck, Aug 26, 2006
  7. I am so used to ingrates like bigbeaver disrespecting me over my
    sigline that it doesn't bother me at all. I have been using the
    sigline in one form or another for something like three years and
    intend to use it so long as we have anyone in Iraq dying and killing
    others. I am a pacifist and grieve over every death. War is formalized
    and legalized murder regardless of how it's painted.

    A lot of the time I do leave it off postings to this newsgroup because
    we don't normally discuss politics or the war here. I came here with
    honest questions about problems with computers and don't wish to argue
    with anyone here.

    Grandpa Chuck, Aug 26, 2006
  8. Grandpa Chuck

    Pennywise Guest

    Type ASSHOLE in google and hit "I'm feeling lucky"

    Pennywise, Aug 26, 2006
  9. Grandpa Chuck

    pinchee Guest

    I'm 81 years old, 33 years of military service fighting my countries war,
    WWII, Korea and Vietnam. 3 police actions, in Rhodesia,(remember the Mau
    Mau?)
    Costa Rica and Grenada. One thing that I have learned over and over again.
    When your up against it, when you need help, when you need someone that
    you must rely upon the last person you want at you back is a pacifist as
    "Grandpa Chuck" lists himself. A pacifist is a coward running away from
    real life. He is someone who you cannot depend on, someone who would do
    nothing to stop a murderer from cutting you throat, a predator from raping
    your life or a pervert
    from killing your child. Grandpa can hide behind all the homilies and
    liberal slants but he is still the person you do not want as a neighbor, as
    a resident in your city
    or anywhere else where people live who would die to protect this wonderful,
    glorious United States. It's not Republicans or Democrats he supports or
    politically
    poor-mouths. It is his lack of backbone that he roots his 'pacificist'
    ideals in.

    pinchee, Aug 26, 2006
  10. Grandpa Chuck

    Frosty Guest

    As the sun rose on Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:43:13 -0700, the distinguished
    and oh so talented "bigbeaver" <> climbed up
    to the podium, shuffled some papers, took a sip of ice water and
    shouted in a loud voice:
    Oh shit! You opened a can o' worms!

    Frosty, Aug 27, 2006