Got 70-292 on 4th attempt

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    All,

    Thought I'd make a post to encourage all who are finding 292 a nightmare.
    It is passable!

    I sat 70-292 and 70-296 on the same day and passed 70-296 with a score of
    850 but failed 70-292 with 628. I resat 292 the following day and failed with
    exactly the same score, 628. I couldn't beleive it. I was so sure I had
    passed as I ended the exam. Something weird going on with the scoring I
    thought. I studied the relevant Microsoft Press "Upgrading your
    certification..." sections again and attemped 70-292 again after 2 weeks.
    Failed with a score of 680. Today I passed with a score of 800. :)

    My advice is to know TS and IIS inside out (configuring TS settings with
    GPOs heavily tested). Know as many command line tools as possible especially
    tskill, tscon etc. Know the ntbackup.exe switches. Stub zones and conditional
    forwarding were also heavily tested. Know what rights Backup Operators,
    Server Operators, Power Users etc. have.

    Good luck,

    Graham

    Guest, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Guest

    Neil Guest

    nice recommendations. Congrats on the upgrade...

    Neil, Aug 15, 2005

  3. As one who was having trouble with it (haven't taken it again since June),
    congrats!

    RL \(Bob\) Coppedge, MCSE/MCDBA/MCT, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Guest

    SMITH Guest

    FIRSR CONGRATULATION AND THANK YOU FOR THE NFO, I PLAN TO TAKE IT ON
    NEXT WEEK, CAN YOU TELL ME DO THIS EXAM INCLUE SIMULATION? I THOUGHT
    MICROSOFT ONLY GIVE PASS OR FAIL GRADE FOR THIS EXAM. THANK YOU
    VERY MUCH.

    SMITH, Aug 21, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Smith,

    Sorry for taking so long to reply. I haven't been checking the newsgroup
    recently.
    No, the exam does not include simulations, just 40 multiple choice, drag and
    drop and highlight types of questions.

    Good luck!

    Graham

    Guest, Sep 1, 2005