    tried to click to "allow popups" on the toolbar, but it still blocks it, on
    that web site. (web site - http://makeashorterlink.com/?A11D245D5) I like
    the toolbar options, but this one thing is a problem. any ideas? thanks

    vvv, Sep 8, 2003

  2. thanks

    Have you tried clicking "Options" on the Google Toolbar and unchecking
    "Pop-Up Stopper" prior to starting a game?

    Sentient Fluid, Sep 8, 2003

  3. vvv

    a_mcbride Guest

    I`ve had the same problem with some sites and thought it was the google
    toolbar pop up stopper as well. However I uninstalled the google bar and
    tried a system restore (XP) and the problem still persists with some sites.
    I`ve cleaned my cache as well. So if anyone else has any ideas as to why
    some sites will allow banners to be displayed while others will not I`d be
    pleased as well.

    I know most people hate banners appearing on pages, but this one is a
    competition page which requires you to click on the banner before your entry
    can be submitted. I know others who can see and click on the banner, but my
    system despite my best efforts will not allow me to see the banner. The site
    is at
    http://www.instantguide.co.uk/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/indexpagelinks/competition.htm

    Andrew

    a_mcbride, Sep 8, 2003