googlebot requests get cut off

Discussion in 'Linux Networking' started by kob81, Sep 7, 2013.

  1. kob81

    kob81 Guest

    Hello,

    I noticed that ANY http request to my server, with a phrase "googlebot" in its useragent string, is getting blocked on the network level (it's not getting logged by Apache, so it's not a matter of .htaccess nor robots.txt misconfiguration).

    And that happens only to successful "200" connections ("404" not found and "301" redirects are working fine).

    When I run:
    netstat -nat |grep my.ip.here
    the connection is only in TIME_WAIT state and then gone.

    I flushed firewall and it didn't help much.

    Other domains on the server are working fine...

    That's really bizarre.

    Do you have an idea what's causing it?

    I think the server might have been compromised by a malicious hacker who wanted to cut off googlebot.. does anyone know how to fix it?

    kob81, Sep 7, 2013