    their right mind would like to it?

    Could it be reading it from my sig and counting them as links? if so,
    that'd make sense.

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 5, 2004

  2. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Alden Bates Guest

    Your position in the search results is governed by a large number of
    factors, one of which is how many people link to you, but also the
    text used to link to you, on-page text, etc, etc etc.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=link:http://www.dave.net.nz/

    All the links to your page it lists are from SETI @Home.

    Alden

    Alden Bates, Mar 5, 2004

  3. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    Have a read of Bruce Simpson's stuff about rankings.

    http://www.aardvark.co.nz/marketing/

    EMB

    EMB, Mar 5, 2004
  4. ahh... thanks.