    I found that a program that I needed I could buy direct saved me $1
    from buying it from Google.

    Is the Apple Store as bad as this..?

    Frank Williams, Sep 27, 2012

  2. Frank Williams

    peterwn Guest

    IMO NEVER allow any merchant an 'open' credit card account (Direct
    Debit) unless you really have to. These would be hotels or rental car
    companies and would only be applicable for the particular stay or
    hire. Anyone else eg gym memberships, charity 'chuggers' etc - NO!

    peterwn, Sep 27, 2012

  3. Frank Williams

    Geopelia Guest

    IMO NEVER allow any merchant an 'open' credit card account (Direct
    Debit) unless you really have to. These would be hotels or rental car
    companies and would only be applicable for the particular stay or
    hire. Anyone else eg gym memberships, charity 'chuggers' etc - NO!

    Grocery delivery from Countdown needs a Direct Debit.
    You can check what has been taken from your bank against what the total was.
    But I doubt if anybody could work a fiddle for their own benefit with that.

    Geopelia, Sep 28, 2012
  4. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    A fiddle would be hard, but as someone who has had an incorrect billing
    come out of my account on a friday leaving me pretty broke, I wont do
    direct debit anymroe unless I have to, and then its from my 001 suffix
    account which I only put enough into to cover the direct debits.

    Richard, Sep 30, 2012
  5. Frank Williams

    Geopelia Guest

    What firm did that?

    Geopelia, Sep 30, 2012
  6. Never, is a much better answer than ..."never unless you have to". Never
    always works ... and I know hotels *don't* need this despite them saying
    they do and it's company policy. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 30, 2012