    The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
    if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
    of view, is just a point a view and not something real.

    kenny, Jun 28, 2005

  2. kenny

    Pennywise Guest

    |>http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    |>
    |>Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced, you
    |>can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This was
    |>called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
    |>WorldWind.

    That is just sooo neat, Thanks for that one!

    Sure takes point and click to a new level :)

    Pennywise, Jun 28, 2005

  3. kenny

    unwashed Guest

    Hey Kenny, thanks for your post........
    It is a truly spectacular piece of software!!!
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    unwashed, Jun 28, 2005
  4. kenny

    Marcus Booth Guest

    Has anyone tried to use this on a 56K dial-up connection....it does advise
    it needs broadband/cable connection....how much longer will i have to wait
    for the information to load.

    Marcus Booth

    Marcus Booth, Jun 28, 2005
  5. kenny

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Hours, it's slow enough on a 2Mbit link.

    Aquila Deus, Jun 28, 2005
  6. kenny

    kenny Guest

    It will work but you cant roam around too much... its slow.
    I think that this info is cached so if you go to the same place again you
    dont have to re-stream the data.

    I have a dsl 384 k and it works ok, not like the other poster that
    said something about 2M.

    Kenny

    --

    Michael Jackson has been vindicated.

    kenny, Jun 28, 2005
  7. The software took 35 seconds to download over my 2Mbit (3.5 seconds a MB is
    impressive - but, just of late, my connection has been remarkably fast).
    Yes, I'm downloading at around 17MB a minute on a 2Mbit connection -
    impressive or what?

    Now I've said that, it'll go back to being crap.

    The software, however, is completely useless to me, as it only supports
    North America. Entering London got me London, Ontario!

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Jun 28, 2005
  8. kenny

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jun 29, 2005
  9. kenny

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jun 29, 2005
  10. kenny

    Top Guest

    Thanks, found my home on it!

    Ed

    Ken ---> Knight Of The King Of Pop, Jun 29, 2005
  12. kenny

    Daave Guest

    D'oh! It seems that 98 SE isn't supported. :-(

    Minimum configuration:
    Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP

    I recently went to the Franklin Institute in Philly and they had a
    similar program; I loved it!

    Surely, there's a Web interface for this out there, no?

    Dave

    Daave, Jun 29, 2005
  13. kenny

    Pennywise Guest

    |>kenny wrote:
    |>> http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    |>>
    |>> Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very
    |>> advanced, you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the
    |>> buildings! This was called keyhole before google bought it, and is
    |>> far better than NASAs WorldWind.
    |>
    |>D'oh! It seems that 98 SE isn't supported. :-(
    |>
    |>Minimum configuration:
    |>Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP
    |>
    |>I recently went to the Franklin Institute in Philly and they had a
    |>similar program; I loved it!
    |>
    |>Surely, there's a Web interface for this out there, no?

    Think your stuck with world wind
    http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

    Pennywise, Jun 29, 2005
  14. kenny

    unwashed Guest

    Wait until actual "globe" has fully loaded - mine took a min or two on 2mb.
    Use the Plus/minus etc, to navigate ("grabbing" globe seemed to make it
    slower?) Once you locate UK, zoom in, when London is apparent - then
    adjust so as it is screen centre, then again zoom in.
    I was able to ascertain our rooftops of our apartment block in Clapham
    and car colour of vehicles, then tracked all up along Clapham road, through
    Vauxhall, along the Southbank and was able to discern the track out of
    London Bridge, followed down into Greenwich - I could go on and on,
    It is mesmeric.

    unwashed, Jun 29, 2005
  15. Try this one, kenny: "It's FAB-u-lous!"

    Now this: "Hate it!"

    Okay, wind up this one and let fly: "Oh, girlfriend, I don't THINK so!"

    Finally: "uhhohhhhhhhhh, Jethuth Chritht...."

    Rev \Fragile Warrior\, Jun 29, 2005
  16. kenny

    Babylon Guest

    Batty-bwoy!

    Babylon, Jun 29, 2005
  17. kenny

    ftran999 Guest

    It looks like they temporarily halted downloads :(

    ftran999, Jun 29, 2005
  18. kenny

    Pennywise Guest

    |>> Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced,
    |>> you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This
    |>> was called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
    |>> WorldWind.

    |>It looks like they temporarily halted downloads :(

    I could email it to you http://www.yousendit.com/
    It's 10.5 megs

    Pennywise, Jun 29, 2005
  19. Hey, that is the first useful thing I have ever seen posted in
    24hoursupport.
    Well done, I'm sticking a gold star next to your post, you should be proud.

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Jun 30, 2005
  20. kenny

    Guest