    Is this a bug??

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Ron McNulty

    Bobs Guest

    Aren't they still in beta phase? Ya know, a bit like many developers
    that permently have their software in "beta" so they can explain away
    any shitty bugs by saying it's a beta.

    Bobs, Mar 27, 2008

  3. Ron McNulty

    Matty F Guest

    I don't see how the "new messages" feature can ever work properly.
    Does Google try to save your browsing history in every thread in every
    group that you look at? Or is it just the number of messages in the
    thread in the last 24 hours or so? I do see "2 new of 15" etc but it's
    always wrong.

    Matty F, Mar 28, 2008
  4. As always, I recommend a news server and real news reading s/w. Once used,
    you will never go back. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 31, 2008
  5. Ron McNulty

    Matty F Guest

    I have tried a few. But Google Groups does show me instantly if anyone
    has replied to one of my posts!
    "Real" newsreaders seem to be rather slow and clumsy.
    The lack of kill-files etc in Google is not a problem.

    Matty F, Mar 31, 2008
  6. Mileages vary ... but I can only suggest you haven't tried a good one. :)
    Threads and killfiles make a newsreader esential to me ... and the speed.
    They are fast.

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 31, 2008
  7. Ron McNulty

    Matty F Guest

    I don't need killfiles. I remember everybody who posts. I ignore the
    ones who are not worth reading. In one click, Google shows me 10 posts
    at a time on any newsgroup at all. I don't even have to subscribe to a
    group to read it, unlike all the newsreaders that I have seen.
    However I would still be using a newsreader except that Xtra doesn't
    support newsgroups any more.

    Matty F, Mar 31, 2008
  8.
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 1, 2008