Google Groups New? Virus?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2004

  2. °Mike°

    geopelia Guest

    Last night I got Google, clicked "Groups" and to my surprise "new" appeared
    beside "Groups" and what appeared below was nothing like the usual list of
    categories for Google's groups. It looked more like the list for Yahoo
    groups.

    Is Google experimenting with a new format, or could it be a virus?

    I preferred the old groups list, which I am delighted to say is back today.

    What is going on please?

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Dec 3, 2004

  3. °Mike°

    Jay Guest

    Its my educated opinion virii on your machine has rooted control and seized
    Google, making Google Groups. Before long it will make Queer Google for the
    Straight Froogle - You should call the FBI and turn your PC in immediately.

    'Ah to froogle with it anyway!'
    - Jay

    Jay, Dec 3, 2004
  4. °Mike°

    Old Gringo Guest

    I believe Yahoo and Google are always trying to come up with
    something new and different and if I am not wrong they are in
    competition with each other. I notice from time to time Yahoo makes
    changes to their home page and other things that they offer. Seems
    like they both are striving for perfection and to out do each other.
    Mike that replied to your post seems to have the fastest access
    to new information and I am sure he will be back to update you as to
    what is going on. He really enjoys helping those who really need the
    help. I understand you are a elderly retired person.

    Old Gringo, Dec 3, 2004
  5. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    There is NO SUCH WORD as "virii", hence I already
    very much doubt your "educated opinion".
    My machine? I don't have a problem on my machine.
    Sorry, I don't call overseas, unless it's family, friends
    or business.
    Hmm!

    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2004
  6. °Mike°

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you.
    I had a look at that, which is what I got yesterday. It seems much more
    complicated than the old system. Fortunately most of the groups are
    available on news.xtra.co.nz which I think is msn, (like this group) so I
    won't need to use Google.

    I was afraid it might be a virus, like all these false microsoft email
    messages.
    "If it ain't broke why fix it?" as they say!

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Dec 3, 2004
  7. °Mike°

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. Yes, Mike is always so helpful, isn't he.
    I'm 75 and most of the technical stuff is over my head, the things I ask
    must give some of the folks here a good laugh.
    Sorry about that!

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Dec 3, 2004
  8. °Mike°

    Old Gringo Guest

    If you make some one laugh, that is good. Not enough laughter in the
    world today. Keep up the good work.

    Old Gringo, Dec 3, 2004
  9. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2004
  10. °Mike°

    joevan Guest

    I'm all for that laughter, I agree with you Old Gringo as I just lost
    my young wife on Sunday at age 51, eleven years younger than I , it is
    good to laugh, hopefully with us. Nobody here who wants to help laughs
    at, but with. Hopefully that is as it should be.
    joevan

    joevan, Dec 3, 2004
  11. °Mike°

    Old Gringo Guest

    So sorry to hear of your loss. A time now not to be selfish and
    remember she was a beautiful gift for you to enjoy while she was here.

    Old Gringo, Dec 3, 2004
  12. °Mike°

    joevan Guest

    Thank you for your kind words. She was beautiful, so wonderful.
    The last thing I remember her saying to me was help me up and help me
    get my clothes so we can go shopping for my daughter. That was 21
    hours before she passed. As I said at the service for her, " I decided
    I loved her more then, than ever before in the 30 years we were
    married, ( less 30 days, she came close but exactly one month before
    the 28 of December) We only have one true love in our lives and she
    was it.
    Peace to all and treasure what you have while you have them with you.
    joevan

    joevan, Dec 3, 2004
  13. °Mike°

    Scraggy Guest

    Sorry for your loss. My sympathy.

    Scraggy, Dec 3, 2004
  14. °Mike°

    joevan Guest

    Thanks for the quote. That is something to remember for sure.
    A powerful thing for me at this time. Thanks so much.
    joevan

    joevan, Dec 3, 2004
  15. °Mike°

    SgtMinor Guest

    Sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. Please accept my
    condolences. Hope you can draw strength from those thirty years of good
    memories.

    SgtMinor, Dec 4, 2004