    more organized viewing and editing experience. Picasa will not delete or
    move the location of pictures saved on your PC.

    http://www.picasa.com/google/

    Fuzzy Logic, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Fuzzy Logic

    Sabineellen Guest

    I've been using it for over a year and I like it. I recommend it. It's an
    iphoto rip-off.

    Sabineellen, Jul 16, 2004

  3. I bought it for £30 and reckoned that it was worth that sum & more! For
    nought its terrific!

    Roger Aberystwyth

    Roger Matthews, Jul 16, 2004
  4. Fuzzy Logic

    Sabineellen Guest

    If you like it then look at ava find too. It's not a photo software, it's more
    of a general file-finding software, but equally nice. It's pricey though, but
    there's a limited functionality freeware version. It'll help you find that
    photo with the odd name that you're not sure where you put. (of course you can
    use keywords in picasa, but i don't)

    Sabineellen, Jul 17, 2004
  5. Fuzzy Logic

    Pete Guest

    This program causes two apps to go out on the Internet without your
    knowledge. I'd avoid until you know more about it. Spyware?

    Pete, Jul 17, 2004
  6. Fuzzy Logic

    Sabineellen Guest

    I run spyware search and destroy and adaware regularly, they never reported any
    problems with picasa. That said though, I did notice that picasa was found by
    the firewall to be trying to connect to the internet, though only initially
    when first isntalled.

    Sabineellen, Jul 17, 2004
  7. Fuzzy Logic

    DonB Guest

    Seems like a good program for those who want something simple.
    I don't like the fuzzy appearance on-screen. A year or so ago they
    said they were going to fix it, but nothing seems to be done
    DonB

    DonB, Jul 17, 2004
  8. Fuzzy Logic

    Sabineellen Guest

    I don't like the fuzzy appearance on-screen.

    what fuzzy appearance?

    Sabineellen, Jul 17, 2004
  9. Fuzzy Logic

    Tim Smith Guest

    It checks for updates. It also registers if you give it permission when it
    asks, or if you select the register option from the Help menu, or (and this
    is going to catch some people by surprise) if you select "Order Prints..."
    from the File menu. Note that with this last one you could install, decline
    to register for now, and then, while exploring the program, bring up the
    "Order Prints..." dialog to see what it is like, and you end up registered
    at whatever email address you've set up in Outlook Express, and soon receive
    an email at that address thanking you for registration and giving tips to
    get you started.

    This is something that they probably should change, or they are going to get
    accused of having spyware, and possibly of being spammers.

    I verified the above on a WinXP system that all I'd ever done on was
    install, configure Outlook Express, received one test mail and sent one test
    mail to verify OE was configured correctly, and then went to Google and
    downloaded and installed Picasa.

    Tim Smith, Jul 17, 2004
  10. Fuzzy Logic

    Bob Guest

    has anyone ordered prints through them yet, and how is the quality, and what
    is the cost?

    thanks,

    Bob

    Bob, Jul 17, 2004
  11. It's cool - downloaded & installed. Thank you for the news and link.

    I notice that it does not look at ease with IPTC info entered in IrfanView -
    unless I am doing something wrong of course.

    Is Google gonna be the next B-I-G name in digital image processing software?

    Someone has to cater for the predicted 40% increase in digital camera owners
    over the next year.

    If anyone has any tips about how to retain IPTC info please let me (& us?)
    know

    TIA

    Artie

    Arte Phacting, Jul 17, 2004
  12. Fuzzy Logic

    Bill Turlock Guest

    I read the EULA after d/l, found it too onerous--wanted to do its
    own updates & stuff w/o my permission. Didn't install it,
    deleted.

    Bill

    Bill Turlock, Jul 22, 2004