  1. EricP

    EricP Guest

    Any negative conclusions on this yet?

    EricP, Oct 15, 2004

  2. EricP

    The Tech Guy Guest

    seems to work pretty good
    and i can finally find stuff in my outlook express

    --
    Jason

    Adware Spyware Removal - Scan your PC Absolutely FREE
    http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html

    Any negative conclusions on this yet?

    The Tech Guy, Oct 15, 2004

  3. EricP

    EricP Guest

    Yes, and it doesn't seem to have the "Indexing" problem. Or at least
    noticed by me.

    How novel! Getting something useful for free, without the "nasty"
    hidden inside.

    Must be worth a note somewhere.

    Cheers

    EricP, Oct 15, 2004
  4. EricP

    The Tech Guy Guest

    well its supposed to index when the computer is idle
    besides the 1st index, it seemed to work for me
    but the key is BETA..

    The Tech Guy, Oct 15, 2004
  5. EricP

    PuppyKatt Guest

    I will wait until it comes out of beta. I have a gmail account, and no
    problems. I tried the google toolbar mail-checker, but had a lot of trouble
    with that: time-outs, etc., so I uninstalled it. Now that I have the
    computer running smoothly, I want to keep it that way.

    PuppyKatt, Oct 15, 2004
  6. EricP

    Gordon Guest

    Can anyone provide a URL where I can actually get this?

    Gordon, Oct 15, 2004
  7. EricP

    why? Guest

    why?, Oct 15, 2004
  8. EricP

    why? Guest

    Would like to limit to specific drive / folders. Hopefully it will be
    added later.

    Otherwise nice, I am always having to search for registration codes /
    screen shots although although still indexing it's found most of these
    already.

    Me

    why?, Oct 15, 2004
  9. You can, in its Preferences. Just supply the drive/folder, with
    each one on a separate line. Easy!

    Bruce the Shark, Oct 15, 2004
  10. EricP

    why? Guest

    Okay so I can't read, I saw the please supply a URL and missed the rest,
    it helps to scroll the browser window down to view the rest of the page.

    Thanks.

    Me

    why?, Oct 16, 2004
  11. EricP

    why? Guest

    Although it's a Don't search, I really need a Search Only. Otherwise I
    have to enter so many paths it's silly. Where as a search only would be
    10 lines compared to a hundred or so for don't.

    Me

    why?, Oct 16, 2004
  12. EricP

    D. Best Guest

    yes ... I could not install it because it is not compatible with Computer
    Associates Antivirus Software ... :-( ...

    doug

    D. Best, Oct 16, 2004
  13. EricP

    Gordon Guest

    I don't know about it being incompatible with CA antivirus - (I'm running
    eTrust EZ Antivirus and there seems to be no conflict there), but it doesn't
    pick up OpenOffice documents!

    Gordon, Oct 17, 2004
  14. EricP

    Gordon Guest

    Doesn't pick up OpenOffice documents (AFAIK)....

    Gordon, Oct 17, 2004
  15. EricP

    why? Guest

    Upgraded eTrust EZ AV from 6.1 to 6.3 and it's okay.

    Correct about the OpenOffice docs a big feature missing.

    Me

    why?, Oct 17, 2004
  16. EricP

    Gordon Guest

    It's not just Open Office docs it doesn't index, it's ALL docs not created
    by MS Office! A BIG booboo!

    Gordon, Oct 18, 2004

  17. Well, it's 100% incompatible with Computer Associates eTrust Anti-Virus and,
    I think, the latest version of Zone Alarm with anti-virus protection
    (licensed from Computer Associates) as well. Sure hope they can fix this
    issue. :-/

    Oxford Systems, Oct 20, 2004
  18. That's a surprise. I just upgraded from EZ AV 6.2 to 7.0 (did you get the
    email from CAI about the zip file vulnerability in 6.x?) and GDS still won't
    install. It lists the iSafe.exe (email scanning) and Vet.dll as
    incompatible. Google doesn't recommend the uninstall the application,
    install GDS, reinstall the app trick for these programs. Wonder if I should
    give it a go anyway...

    Oxford Systems, Oct 20, 2004
  19. The twinkle in your eyes is actually the sun shining between your
    ears.

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 20, 2004
  20. EricP

    Art Guest

    Lookout does - if you are using outlook as an email client Lookout
    seems to have a more flexible search than Google desktop.

    www.lookoutsoft.com

    Free - from a company Microsoft just acquired....

    Art, Oct 22, 2004