Good Riddance : DVDSoon

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Lester Bangs, Dec 17, 2005.

  1. Likely an inside job.

    NunYa Bidness, Dec 18, 2005

  2. You still do not get it. You are asking for a season that they
    haven't even finished shooting yet.

    BTW, asshole, he is an adult, and has been here way longer than you,
    AND if anything, it is you that is sporting the adolescent twit
    schoolboy attitude.

    NunYa Bidness, Dec 18, 2005

  3. Lester Bangs

    darren Guest

    I know amazon.com are/have been *great* with replacement of faulty/damaged
    disks.

    Did DVDPacific give you a store credit for the postage costs?

    Darren.
    www.mcqueenonline.com

    darren, Dec 18, 2005
  4. Lester Bangs

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    Hi Darren

    I can't answer for the person you've asked for a reply for concerning
    store credits for postage costs at DVDPACIFIC, but I can outline my
    experience.

    I was sent a duplicate title in the Val Lewton Horror set I received
    from DVDPACIFIC. I contacted Returns and they instructed me to send
    the set back, for which they gave me a store credit for postage costs
    of $8.00 (AUD).

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Dec 18, 2005
  5. Lester Bangs

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    The CC hack experience is true. I am not sure how it occurred. I
    decided to use DVDPACIFIC's direct deposit option which is 100% safe.
    I might use a credit card again with them in the future, maybe 3 years
    from now.. who knows? The lack of security during that time at the
    DVDPACIFIC site shouldn't have happened, and was a big blow for them
    at the time. They have assured all customers that the site is fully
    secure, but I still feel more secure using the Direct Deposit option,
    even though no trouble has been reported there.

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Dec 18, 2005
  6. Lester Bangs

    Justin Guest

    GDS wrote on [Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:10:40 +1030]:
    Region coding? Episode 11 hasn't aired ANYWHERE and won't until next
    month.

    Justin, Dec 18, 2005
  7. Lester Bangs

    GDS Guest

    LOL. Yep, walked in to that :)
    Yeah, I (wrongfully) thought that the scifi channel were doing what often
    happens here, not airing the rest of the season for reasons bet known to
    themselves and the DVD release might have caught up to them.
    Thanks for that, I was only looking at the DVDPacific site where it mentions
    SFA. It even states the discs contain previews to next season, obviously
    they mean previews to the 2nd half of season 2.

    Cheers.

    G.

    GDS, Dec 18, 2005
  8. Lester Bangs

    Lordy.UK Guest

    "The BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: SEASON 2.0 DVD includes bonus
    Yup, I think it's deliberately misleading - the key seems to be in the
    2.0 bit, the next one will probably be 2.1 or similiar.

    There are 10 episodes on this release btw.

    Lordy.UK, Dec 18, 2005
  9. On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 05:55:41 GMT, NewcastleBoy wrote:

    [snip]
    There wasn't a lack of security, certainly not less than other online
    retailors, maybe it got leaked by someone working there.

    Ian Galbraith, Dec 18, 2005
  10. Lester Bangs

    G Bell Guest

    This was a well known cock-up by Warners not Pacific. Warners for some
    bizarre reason stopped producing L.E.'s before it was even released. I
    think they hadn't printed enough comics and so cut their losses and sent
    out stock to shops (Street/online) rather than printing more comics to
    meet demand.

    Graham

    G Bell, Dec 19, 2005
  11. Lester Bangs

    free2002 Guest

    i was going to bag you for bringing up a dead issue but didn't realize their
    website is still up ;) i can't believe those crooks are still allowed to
    trade?! they must have pretty slack consumer laws in Canada as dvdsoon have
    already been in hot water from their consumer watchdog from what i read

    free2002, Dec 19, 2005
  12. Lester Bangs

    Tumbleweed Guest

    they were bought out by someone else (esssentially just the website and
    name, not their debts&obligations) and the new co will trade under the old
    name.

    Tumbleweed, Dec 19, 2005
  13. Lester Bangs

    Goro Guest

    No. Since they decided that the disc was not faulty (it plays fine on
    their players, despite the visible mutliple scratches; it doesn't play
    on mine) and so gave me no credits at all. I was just out the disc and
    the shipping costs (original and sendback).

    It really surprised me b/c OTHER than for replacements, their customer
    service is quite excellent. I don't understand why it is so difficult
    if I just want to exchange a clearly problematic disc for a replacement
    of the same thing; it's not like i was asking for a cash refund or
    anything..

    -goro-

    Goro, Dec 20, 2005
  14. Lester Bangs

    NewcastleBoy Guest

    Hi Goro

    I have a problematic disc which i'm sending back to them. I'll tell
    you what their response is.. I've spent about $2500 with them.

    If they don't exchange the disc, I might take my business elsewhere. I
    really like DVDPACIFIC a lot, but I'm not immune to shopping
    elsewhere, if they're not going to do the right thing.

    - NewcastleBoy

    NewcastleBoy, Dec 20, 2005
  15. Lester Bangs

    free2002 Guest

    hmm maybe worth giving them a go then, i never ordered off them thank god,
    was tempted by the ridiculously low prices but read too many complaints then
    the ipoints scam was exposed

    free2002, Dec 20, 2005
  16. Lester Bangs

    Lordy.UK Guest

    I've spent about $2500 with them.

    It's just a drop in the pacific...

    No ? I'll get me coat... :)

    Lordy.UK, Dec 20, 2005
  17. I'm still receiving e-mails from them.

    David Barnett, Dec 21, 2005
  18. Lester Bangs

    Lester Bangs Guest

    Message from DVDPacific ....

    We would like to advise you that Batman Begins (Widescreen) (2-Disc Deluxe
    Edition) currently in your order ID XXXXXX has now been officially cancelled
    or discontinued. This means effective immediately we can no longer obtain
    stock and are therefore removing this title from site. Consequently we will
    also be deleting from your active order.

    No more Batman Delux .....

    Cheers Lester

    Lester Bangs, Dec 22, 2005
  19. Lester Bangs

    Lordy.UK Guest

    The discount of around 30% that was available from the card itself was
    And the average discount to most everyday users was 10%, I'm quite aware
    of that, but thankyou for the un-needed and un-necessary explanation
    nonetheless.

    But they ran a lot of promotions that included up to 50% off various
    items, I don't think a month passed by without some kind of iFidelity
    offer on the website.

    My total discount (as calculated by my user page) up to when I stopped
    using them was 28%.
    Wow, you must have been so, erm, happy :)

    Lordy.UK, Dec 22, 2005
  20. Lester Bangs

    Lordy.UK Guest

    no its full of complaints about people not receiving their orders moron,
    Erm, that's got nothing to do with iPoints...

    You might like to reflect on the fact that it's generally not the moron
    that feels the need to move the goalposts :)
    As a frequent customer, I'm quite aware of that.
    And refunded the cost of the iFidelity card where necessary, altho that
    seems to have slipped your mind.
    Pity help you if you ever manage to run a comprehensive thought through
    your brain. The shock could be catastrophic to your system.

    Lordy.UK, Dec 22, 2005