    http://preview.tinyurl.com/nxodn8

    7dayshop.com NP-20:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/n8d753

    sally, Sep 2, 2009

  2. Although I aven't bought an NP-20 (I did have a dud by Hahnel from
    elsewhere) from them, other batteries I've bought from 7dayshop are
    lasting as well as the OEMs.

    Mike

    --
    Michael J Davis

    Now with added pictures on http://www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

    <><
    The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.
    Dorethea Lange
    <><

    Michael J Davis, Sep 2, 2009

  3. sally

    Geoff Berrow Guest

    Fercryinoutloud, for a fiver, it's practically disposable.

    We use a cheap replacement in our Canon Ixus and can't tell any
    difference from the original.

    Geoff Berrow, Sep 2, 2009
  4. sally

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Likewise, I usually use 7dayshop, and have cheapies for both my Mju500
    and E520, and I can't tell which battery I used each time, they all work
    as well as each other.

    Andy Hewitt, Sep 2, 2009
  5. Here's another one:

    $4.59 ~ £2.85

    Kristian Kjerstad, Sep 2, 2009
  6. Same here with Nikon and Panasonic equivalent Li-ion batteries.

    David

    David J Taylor, Sep 2, 2009
  7. sally

    Mike Guest

    I order lots of bit's and bobs from 7day shop inc batteries, memory,
    replacement caps and small cases. Delivery to the UK is normally less
    than 5 working days and their own brand stuff is good quality.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 2, 2009
  8. sally

    Mike Guest

    Even feedback isn't reliable - most people leave it after briefly
    checking the item, it's only after use people realise the battery isn't
    as good as it should be.

    that said I bought a battery from Hong Kong - not advertised as genuine,
    it's not as good as the Sony original but after nearly a year of use I'd
    rate it as 80-90% of the original Sony in terms of capacity. It even
    holds the charged unused unlike a lot of cheap alternatives

    Not bad for £10 vs almost £40 for the sony.

    Mike, Sep 3, 2009
  9. sally

    Huge Guest

    Too damn true.
    I bought a 32Gb USB stick on eBay recently which turned out to be a fake,
    even though it was UK despatched from someone with high feedback. In his
    defence, I got my money back.

    As for batteries, I've had good service from; www.battery-house.co.uk

    Huge, Sep 3, 2009
  10. The capacity of a battery is a key part of its specification and is
    explicitely listed (e.g. mAh: 630mAh). Therefore the capacity of
    different batteries is trivial to compare unless we are talking about
    fraudulent statements.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Sep 3, 2009
  11. sally

    Mike Guest

    The cheap knockoffs on ebay rarely live upto the billed capacity.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 3, 2009
  12. Dealextreme isn't Ebay...

    And about fakes: A battery meant to look like a original Casio battery is a
    fake. How can a battery that clearly says it's not an original be a fake?
    ("Casio NP-20 Compatible", and "For Casio" and no Casio logo should ring a
    bell)

    Kristian Kjerstad, Sep 3, 2009
  13. That's also true of many of the expensive originals!

    I bought cheap ebay batteries for my phone. They were a third of the
    price, and accurately advertised as having 50% more capacity. I also
    got another set, much bigger, which came with an enlarged backplate to
    accommodate the size. They corresponded to nothing the maker sold, and
    gave me 4 times the capacity. They lasted a delightful month on a
    single charge! No need to take a charger on holiday!

    Incidentally the cheap Ebay knockoffs for my last camera advertised
    themselves as having 10% more capacity, and they certainly lasted at
    least as long as the maker's original.

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 3, 2009
  14. sally

    Mike Guest

    Like I said; rarely! With no way of accurately measuring the capacity I
    assume the original (sony or whatever) battery capacity is correct.

    I've bought batteries for PDA, several different types of phone and
    cameras from eBay. All advertised the same or higher capacity, only a
    couple actually lived up to that promise based on day to day use. TBH I
    expect that and provided the performance is not abysmal I accept it as a
    cost saving measure.

    I have been pleasantly surprised with the NP-FM500H I got off eBay which
    seems to hold pretty close to the original. I tend to swap them over as
    I charge and even after a month in my bag it still delivers similar
    performance to the Sony original.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 3, 2009
  15. sally

    SMS Guest

    You have to watch out for old stock, especially for batteries that
    aren't all that popular. Last week I received a "genuine" Motorola
    battery for my phone, that was manufactured in 2006. A three year old
    Li-Ion battery is about at end of life. An after-market battery for an
    older device may actually be better.

    The problem with after-market camera batteries is rarely an issue with
    the actual cells inside the pack. It's more of an issue with tolerances
    of the pack (I've seen after-market batteries that were a tad larger and
    would not fit into the camera) or whether or not they properly
    implemented protective circuitry.

    I'd stay away from eBay, and in the U.S. buy from sterlingtek.com.

    SMS, Sep 4, 2009
  16. I use cheap bateries in my Nikon D80 and Fuji F31. I haven't noticed a
    difference from the originals.

    Another vote for 7 days shop
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=74424
    The £4.49 includes postage.

    Another supplier I have used is Battery Logic
    http://www.batterylogic.co.uk/digital/casio-np-20-replacement-battery.htm
    But more expensive at £11.99 post free.

    --
    Alan

    ( If replying by mail, please note that all "sardines" are canned.
    However, unless this a very old message, a "tuna" will swim right
    through. )

    Alan Clifford, Sep 6, 2009
  17. That would depend a lot on storage conditions, too.

    But even under bad storage conditions (room temperature, fully
    charged) my LiIons seem to hold up very well for being bought 4
    to 5 years ago. Maybe I am lucky when it comes to that.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 7, 2009
  18. I'm using a pair of six year old Li-ion in batteries quite happily. It's
    possible they're now only up to 50% of their original capacity, but I
    won't bother replacing them until they stop being up to lasting long
    enough for a long day's work.

    Chris Malcolm, Sep 8, 2009
  19. I bought a NP-20 battery in disount-battery doc org store. It is very
    good.

    angelina Smith, Sep 9, 2009