Good news for Win 98 and Millennium Edition users

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin*, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Martin*

    Martin* Guest

    Hello,

    I received this from the folks at PandaSoftware.com.

    Martin

    (snip)

    Madrid, January 13, 2004 - According to The Inquirer -at
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13575 -, Microsoft will continue
    offering support for Windows 98 and Windows Millennium Edition (ME) until
    June 2006.

    Support for these systems -widely used in organizations and small and medium
    businesses-, was due to end this week. This would have meant that Microsoft
    would cease to offer all types of patches and updates for both these
    operating systems, leaving many users unprotected against new threats that
    could appear.

    Given that support for Windows 98 and Windows ME (Millennium Edition) is now
    extended to 2006, Microsoft will continue all current maintenance contracts,
    as well as the publication of updates and patches as it has done until now.

    (snip)

    Martin*, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Martin*

    Boomer Guest

    "During the extended support period, the company will offer paid
    phone support and review security threats to
    determine whether it will
    provide customers with security patches."

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y34912F07

    Boomer, Jan 14, 2004