    new hard drive, but this time around Im copying a dying disk to another
    used disk. Is there a good free utility which will do this? It must
    also maintain the mbr as the disk is the windows boot drive. Thanks.

    Mike245, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Mike245

    old jon Guest

    You could try using the utilities you have.

    You could get a copy of freeware, by going to alt.comp.freeware.
    You need to `image` the drive. In other words, an exact copy.

    old jon, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Mike245

    PC Guest

    Either
    Use "Xcopy c:=\*.* d:./e/c/h/r/k" from a Command prompt (assumes C: is old
    drive, D: is target drive and target drive is partitioned and formated)
    or
    XXCopy from here http://www.xxcopy.com/index.htm (free for personal use)

    Paul.

    PC, Jan 18, 2006