    bulba008 Guest

    I'm looking for free/commercial DHCP server for Windows 2000 good
    working with CISCO hardware: APs, switchs, WLCs

    bulba008, Aug 14, 2010

  2. Why would you want to do that? A Cisco router can function as
    a DHCP server.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Aug 14, 2010

  3. bulba008

    bod43 Guest

    There is also of course Windows Server.

    Oh and tftpd32.exe
    http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

    Yes I know it looks like a tftp server but it sadly does
    dhcp too. Sadly since I would prefer a no-bells-or-whistles
    tftp server:) Tftp server works very well indeed, no
    idea about dhcp one.

    bod43, Aug 15, 2010
  4. bulba008

    Uli Link Guest

    You can disable DHCP and Syslog Server in tftpd32 :)
    I agree that should be the default.

    Uli Link, Aug 18, 2010
  5. bulba008

    bulba008 Guest

    Yes, thanks.

    bulba008, Aug 19, 2010
  6. bulba008

    bod43 Guest

    I usually make a point of using an old release that
    simply has no dhcp server. The author conveniently
    makes old releases available on the web site.

    Still a nice piece of software. Very lightweight compared
    to much modern code:) Most importantly, just a simple .exe,
    no "installation" nonsense where none is needed:)

    I have at lease once screwed up (in a minor way)
    by failing to turn off the dhcp server.

    bod43, Aug 19, 2010