    Requirements are

    P4 800 Mhz FSB , Dual channel Ram, Lan and a AGP slot, and 2-3 PCI slots

    Its not for me..

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Aspiringpsychopath

    EMB Guest

    Look you stupid old 'nym shifting, senile fool. Use pricespy. It took
    me 30 seconds to find http://www.c1computer.co.nz/shop/step1.php?number=644

    Anyhow, get an AMD and run it on an nForce - cheap, reliable and stays cool.

    EMB, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Aspiringpsychopath

    Invisible Guest

    Time for another upgrade then? What's that, your 4th board this week?

    Invisible, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Elitegroup = PC Chips = CRap(TM), right up your street

    Patrick Dunford, Dec 8, 2004
  5. The Chap wishes to upgrade to a faster CPU at the Minimum costs, I have a P4
    2.4c for sale so that will save him heaps..

    The onboard 865G Intel chip sets Board do not have DVI outs even thought the
    chip set supports it..

    A mate has a nForce 2 mobo the first one was U/S and not to happy with the
    Pro version that they gave him in replacement, plus most only give 12 months
    warrantee.

    Plus here will Only deal with a local dealer in Wellington.

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Thanks..

    You link to a MoBo with a 865GV Chipset, well Intel list it as having No AGP
    slot, but that picture shows a AGP Slot.

    But it seems that its Asus special feature.

    "Worldwide Patent - ASRock A.G.I.8X
    A gift for VGA upgrade on i865GV "

    Intel Info no AGP

    http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/865GV/

    But this one doses

    http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/865g/index.htm

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004

  7. READ Dumbo

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 8, 2004
  8. Robert Mathews, Dec 8, 2004
  9. Aspiringpsychopath

    Gurble Guest

    Elitegroup is Crap(TM). (We replace several each week, mainly from PC
    Co machines that would still be under warranty).

    Gurble, Dec 8, 2004
  10. Although I understand why others might think that ECS/Elitegroup/PC
    Chips are crap, I havent had any hassle with my mobo, that has now been
    running quite happily for the last 3 years.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 8, 2004
  11. matter of experience... I've had nothing but good ones with them, but I
    understand that they have been fairly crap in general.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 8, 2004
  12. Aspiringpsychopath

    ~misfit~ Guest

    So this person is not only willing to buy the shittiest mobo on the market
    he's also willing to buy your second-hand CPU that you tried to run in a
    board that wasn't designed for it? (Because, mainframe engineer and computer
    scientist extrordinaire that you are, you bought incompatible components).
    There's one born every day.

    BTW......

    <plonk>

    ~misfit~, Dec 9, 2004

  13. Do you understand what you have posted, because I can't, please translate, I
    am not into gobbledy gook.

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 9, 2004
  14. Aspiringpsychopath

    EMB Guest

    ROTFLMAO - that may yet be the funniest posting for 2004.

    EMB, Dec 9, 2004