GOLF CHICKS DIG THE 20D !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    ....and they also still dig the Totally Digital D60!

    I went to the LPGA tournament today and took a few pics which you can
    see here:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/lpga06

    I was armed with both the 20D and the D60. I used the new Canon 24-105
    IS lens as well as the Super 70-200 f/2.8L. As you can tell from the
    photos, the girls all love the great Canon gear .... or maybe it's just
    me!

    The best thing about today was that I didn't see one Nikon camera. All
    Canon gear on the course today. A couple of pros were packin the
    1DMKII with the 400 f/2.8L IS.
    But most of us amateurs shoot with less expensive gear. I met a girl
    who had just picked up a used 10D with a Tamron (gag!) lens. Another
    girl I see there every year shoots with a basic Canon 300D (I think
    that's the model # anyway). She's kind of butch, if you know what I
    mean, and today she had her girlfriend with her. Instead of using a
    monopod like me, she'd just balance her camera on her girlfriend's
    shoulder, which she called her "Bi-Pod."
    I got a good laugh out of that one.

    Annika1980, Apr 20, 2006

  2. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    *sigh* the mind boggles at the range of inappropriate comments one could
    make to all that. "Strokin'" indeed!

    Nice shots, Anni.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0616-2, 04/18/2006
    Tested on: 4/19/2006 11:46:10 PM

    Matt Ion, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Annika1980

    Rich Guest

    Women's golf reminds me of women's tennis. A bimbo show
    or at least it's heading that way. Pretty soon, most pictures will be
    of
    well-built blonds instead of players with talent. Just like tennis.
    BTW; Does Tamron still make a 300mm f2.8? I thought they were
    fairly decent?

    Rich, Apr 20, 2006
  4. Hmmm... golf is not such a bad sport after all... I'm beginning to like
    it ;-)

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes, Apr 20, 2006
  5. Annika1980

    Randy Howard Guest

    Annika1980 wrote
    (in article
    Why is that a good thing? Are you afraid of actual competition?
    $2 says she can take better pics with a Tamron than you can with
    a $10,000 piece of glass. :)
    It's an LPGA event right? Why is that a surprise?

    Randy Howard, Apr 21, 2006
  6. Annika1980

    J. Clarke Guest

    Personally I've had a soft spot in my heart for women's tennis ever since
    the local tennis hustler, braggart, and all around jerk pulled his usual
    song and dance on this cute little blonde who turned out to be Chris Evert.

    J. Clarke, Apr 23, 2006