    the problems with my Win 98.

    I do not want to do a reinstall as I should be able to correct the problems
    with a little help from this newsgroup.

    [email protected], Dec 17, 2004

  2. noreply@invalid

    SgtMinor Guest

    Lots of info here, with links to other MSKB articles:

    "How To Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows 95, Windows
    98, and Windows Me":

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322754#4

    SgtMinor, Dec 17, 2004

  3. noreply@invalid

    Paul - xxx Guest

    [email protected] composed the following ...
    An indication of what the problems are might help ..
    That would depend on what you screwed in the registry and what you've done
    since to 'rectify' it .. bearing in mind that doing nothing and getting help
    from a different computer would have been the best bet, IMHO.

    As would a re-install 'over the top' of your current installation, thus
    keeping many of your settings / files etc.

    Paul - xxx, Dec 17, 2004
  4. '98 keeps 5 backup copies of the registry. You can start to a dos prompt (F8
    and chose option), then type "scanreg /restore" and chose a date from
    before the registry cleaner ran.

    Walter Mautner, Dec 17, 2004