    XPD Guest

    Anyone using GoDaddy.com for hosting a nz domain/site ?
    Recommended ?

    XPD, May 8, 2007

  2. XPD

    Rob Guest

    I wouldn't recommend them. I tried them on one of my sites and they had lots
    of downtime. They may be cheap, but you do tend to get what you pay for. I
    would recommend using a NZ based host that uses NZ based servers. That way
    you get better service, and websites on local servers tend to load faster.
    Also if you are registering a NZ domain, you are certainly best to use a NZ
    company, as godaddy are very expensive for NZ domain names.

    Rob, May 8, 2007

  3. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Hmm... downtime would be a pain..... NZ charges too much for decent amount
    of space :(
    Or they dont offer PHP etc......

    XPD, May 8, 2007
  4. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Anyone tried these guys ?
    www.nzhosts.biz

    Or is it another "get what u pay for" ?

    XPD, May 9, 2007
  5. XPD

    Shane Guest

    How much traffic are you looking at a month?

    Shane, May 9, 2007
  6. XPD

    Rob Guest

    Never heard of them and they look a little dodgy, and it looks to be a poor
    control panel. There are however heaps of web hosts these days that offer
    hosting that is about the same prices as that. Look for one that offers
    CPanel, I have found it to be really good and has heaps of features. The
    netguide website has some of the better hosts at
    http://netguide.co.nz/Home/Shopping/ISPNetDirectory/Domainnamesandhosting/tabid/114/Default.aspx
    (note that there are 2 pages to this) . Thois page also has a good list of
    them http://weblist.co.nz/web-hosting-directory.php

    If you are looking for a NZ owned comapany, avoid companies such as Clever
    internet, as they are US owned pretending to be a NZ business.

    Rob, May 9, 2007
  7. XPD

    Rob S Guest

    I've got 3 hosted with Kiwiweb (www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz) and I've found
    them reliable, reasonable cost and helpful. They offer Cpanel, php,
    mysql, forums etc.

    --

    Rob

    DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and
    millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million
    machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note
    that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers
    alone do not denote a higher life form. -- New York Times, November 26, 1991

    Rob S, May 10, 2007
  8. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Yeah just looking at them now - theyre part of Iserve as well which is all
    good cause Im with Iserve atm and have been happy with them.
    Cheap and have space to play with. Think theyll do nicely :)

    XPD, May 10, 2007
  9. XPD

    dmbkiwi Guest

    I use godaddy.com for a .net and a .org domain. I have a site that gets
    about 3000 visitors a day, and have never had any downtime (that I'm aware
    of). I've also been on the front page of digg.com and the site held up
    just fine. For 5GB of space and and 250GB of traffic per month and 10
    MySQL databases, you can't beat the price of $4 per month.

    Cheers

    Matt

    dmbkiwi, May 11, 2007
  10. XPD

    Rob Guest

    They oversell. I mean if you actually used all your diskspace andf were
    usuing 250GB a month, they would be contacting you to tell you that your
    website isn't suitable for shared webhosting.

    Rob, May 13, 2007
  11. XPD

    Dave Doe Guest

    Is there an ISP or webhoster (still in business) that *doesn't*
    oversell???

    Dave Doe, May 15, 2007