    ckozicki Guest

    Were you able to visit the site and/or log on?

    -ChrisCoater

    ckozicki, Apr 15, 2012

  2. ckozicki

    Paul Guest

    I was able to visit the site.

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 15, 2012

  3. ckozicki

    ckozicki Guest

    ___________
    Weird. As the time of my OP it was the standard "page cannot be displayed". Was just there 15 minutes prior to this typing; seems ok. No trouble either from my mobile.

    What the..? is goin on? :)

    -CC

    ckozicki, Apr 16, 2012
  4. ckozicki

    Julie Bove Guest

    I've had that happen and yet my daughter who will be sitting mere feet
    behind me can log in from her puter. Dunno.

    Julie Bove, Apr 18, 2012
  5. ckozicki

    Paul Guest

    When it happens, you have the option of using a packet sniffer.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireshark

    In the View : Name Resolution, you turn on all the options there, to
    get the display to use a bit more plain English (i.e. translate numeric
    IP addresses into symbolic ones like "connect.facebook.com").

    What you'd hope to see there, is evidence of a simple networking failure,
    or perhaps the server sending back a "RST" packet. Those might be easier to
    analyze and guess at. If the actual problem is during the login phase, the
    login could be over https protocol, using SSL for encryption, in which case,
    Wireshark really can't help you (you'd need a way to decrypt the packets).

    You can download the source code for Firefox, and compile your own copy.
    And in doing so, you can turn on Debug Mode. But when I tried to debug
    a problem I was working on, I found the 1.2 million lines of code in
    there, was really too much to comprehend. I never did find the call
    I was looking for, despite multiple text searches in the source
    directory. It's just too much to navigate. And single stepping
    in Visual Studio wasn't getting me anywhere fast, either. It took
    a whole long day, to download around 2GB of files, set up Visual
    Studio, and get the source to compile. Great fun though :)

    This is a screenshot of the output of Firefox debug mode (the black
    window). The "mozconfig" file, is how you tell the build environment,
    what kind of build you want (debug or release version etc). So it is
    possible to hack the code, something you couldn't do with
    Internet Explorer.

    http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1456/v3628running.gif

    The "Namoroka" text at the top of the window, is the branding of Firefox
    when it isn't compiled as an official release.

    See, isn't free software fun ? :)

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 18, 2012
  6. ckozicki

    meagain Guest

    Try flushing DNS cache: cached data can be in error once in while.

    ipconfig/flushdns

    meagain, Apr 21, 2012