    Alternately, is there a high quality dedicated firewall
    appliance, priced for home use (I've read a number of reviews but
    not sure if these devices are in the same class as Gnatbox)?

    qwelk179, Oct 17, 2004

  2. How about:
    http://www.fli4l.de/english/e_fli4l.htm

    Quoting from the site:
    "What is Fli4L?

    Fli4l is a single floppy Linux-based ISDN, DSL and Ethernet-Router.
    You can build it from an old 486 based pc with 16 megabyte memory,
    which is more than adequate for this purpose.

    The necessary boot-disk can be built under Unix, Linux or Windows. You
    don't need any specific Linux-knowledge, but this would be useful. You
    should have some basic knowledge about networking, TCP/IP, DNS and
    routing though. For extensions and further development, that exceed
    the standard configuration, you need a working Linux-system and
    Unix/Linux knowledge."

    HTH

    Chiron Paixos, Oct 18, 2004

  3. qwelk179