    greatly be appriciated.

    Kindly regrads

    Ralph

    ralph.peelen, Feb 19, 2007

  2. ralph.peelen

    Whiskers Guest

    Perhaps there is something in the characteristics of the emails your firm
    sends, which makes them trigger 'heuristic' or 'pattern-based' spam
    filters. Such things as using HTML, for instance, or spammy words and
    phrases.

    The best way to find out why Gmail thinks you are sending spam, would seem
    to be to ask Google. (This international public newsgroup has nothing at
    all to do with Google).

    Whiskers, Feb 19, 2007

  3. ralph.peelen

    Mike Easter Guest

    Gmail identifies spam. One definition of spam is unsolicited bulk
    email.
    There is a simple solution to that. Your gmail recipients need to
    whitelist your mail.

    https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=9009&topic=1520
    How do I prevent mail from being marked as spam? - Make sure you've
    added your friends' email addresses to your Contacts list. Gmail always
    delivers messages from your contacts.
    If all of your recipients want your mail, you have no problem. If you
    are sending unsolicited mail that looks to gmail's filter system like
    spam, then all of the recipients who don't have you whitelisted will
    have your mail marked as spam. It is as simple as that.
    Who is your company and what is its output server's IP address?

    Mike Easter, Feb 19, 2007
  4. ralph.peelen

    Stickems. Guest

    Ask the recipient of your message to find the message in the spam folder,
    tick it, and click on the 'not spam' button.

    Stickems., Feb 19, 2007
  5. ralph.peelen

    Jeff Needle Guest

    My experience has been similar, but on the receiving end. I look at my spam
    box in gmail every day, and every so often find that it contains a
    legitimate e-mail. If I mark it "not spam," gmail remembers this and passes
    the mail through each time after that.

    Perhaps those to whom you're sending this e-mail should receive another mail
    from you, completely different in character from your firm's e-mail (text
    instead of html, etc.), and ask them to do this. They need do it only once.

    Jeff Needle, Feb 19, 2007
  6. ralph.peelen

    Mike Easter Guest

    This addresses a very large issue with spamfiltering methods, the losing
    of goodmail, so-called 'ham'.

    Not very many people like to 'dumpster-dive' which is what I call
    digging thru' tons and tons and tons of spam to possibly or possibly not
    find the occasional or rare goodmail. It is far more likely that the
    goodmail false-positively id/ed as spam will be lost, by the recipient
    or by the provider.

    In fact, so few people like to dumpsterdive that it is common for many
    providers to not even provide access to the id/ed spam, but to
    automatically delete it.

    The way my provider EL handles known spam is to accept it rather than
    reject it [that is, EL rejects some mail, but mostly accepts spam] and
    then to 'divert' what the EL filter recognizes as spam into the Spam
    folder instead of the Inbox. This is the default 'medium' spamblock
    configuration. The medium spamblock default configuration is to delete
    the content of the Spam folder sight unseen to the client, unless the
    client reconfigures the spamblocker to save it to a certain quantity of
    items.

    Mail which is rejected isn't lost, but just 'slightly' problematic. The
    sender whose mail is rejected has to work around the problem; whereas
    the ham which is 'dropped on the floor' or deleted unknown doesn't even
    know the mail has gone missing.

    I have more than one EL mail account and the accounts are configured
    differently from each other, none with the EL default settings, and I
    don't use spamblocker medium at all.

    In the case of gmail, gmail default saves the spam, but I suspect that
    few gmail users actually inspect their spam folder, so then the
    recipient 'loses' the mail rather than gmail losing the mail.
    Gmail autoenters the sender into the contacts which are whitelisted.

    Mike Easter, Feb 19, 2007
  7. ralph.peelen

    afurr

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    We are having the same problem with our company email. Can anyone advise what we need to do to be removed off of gmail blacklist.
    Allison

    afurr, Apr 18, 2011