    For months now, my home machine has run nothing but Linux. After running
    Linux alongside Windows for years, switching back and forth between them as
    needed, I've pulled the plug on Windows at home.

    TechNews, Jun 14, 2004

  2. TechNews

    Duane Arnold Guest

    For years now, I have run nothing but MS NT based O/S(s) and don't have a
    problem. :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 14, 2004

  3. TechNews

    Hywel Guest

    You really are a pain in the arse.

    Hywel, Jun 14, 2004
  4. TechNews

    Toolman Tim Guest

    BFD!

    Toolman Tim, Jun 14, 2004
  5. TechNews

    Rifleman Guest

    Why? You don't HAVE to read the posts. Ever heard of a killfile?

    Rifleman, Jun 14, 2004
  6. I missed where his post stated that, but many seem to agree...you are a pain
    in the ass.

    Norwegian Formula, Jun 14, 2004
  7. TechNews

    trout Guest

    Sure have. But unless you have everybody killfiled that're going to
    reply; it still accounts for a lot of tub-thumper dead wood, when you're
    chewing your way through the newsgroup.

    trout, Jun 14, 2004
  8. TechNews

    Rifleman Guest

    You can always "ignore" the thread - in Thunderbird that means you don't see
    it at ALL......

    Rifleman, Jun 14, 2004
  9. TechNews

    trout Guest

    I use the 'View' "Hide ignored threads" in OE. Unfortunately; this
    usually means opening one reply (generally un-snipped) to someone I've
    killfiled before I mark it as 'ignored'; and at that point, it's often
    not worth the trouble, unless it's one that looks like it's going to
    drag on.
    Admittedly; not a devastating blow. But a nuisance I could do
    without.

    trout, Jun 14, 2004