    band that says 0 messages 0unread working online. However this is no good as
    i'm now without a taskbar. Any ideas folks. hope this is enough info if not
    please let me know what else is required. thanx in advance. Matt.

    Matt, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Matt

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Matt said:
    Did you read replies to your other thread before starting another thread
    unnecessarily?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Matt

    °Mike° Guest

    I still have no idea what you are talking about, but you
    could try the following:

    Install and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    Check your system for virus/trojan activity:

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    Gladiator
    http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    Anti-trojan:
    ------------
    Trojan Defence Suite
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

    Trojan Hunter
    http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

    Trojan Remover
    http://www.simplysup.com/

    Tauscan
    http://www.agnitum.com/products/tauscan/

    Control your startups:
    ----------------------
    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_all.php

    If the above steps don't rectify things, and nobody else has
    an explanation, you could try backing up your data,
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/clone.htm
    and uninstall/re-install O.E., and use the 'Repair' option
    for I.E. in Add\Remove Programs.

    If that STILL doesn't help, try a system restore from a
    date prior to the problem:

    HOW TO Use the System Restore Utility with Windows Management
    Instrumentation in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;295299

    °Mike°, Jul 12, 2003
  4. Matt

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    What level of stupidity have you fallen to now? There was ONE reply to
    the other thread and it asked for more details.. Now read the subject
    line of this thread.... Catching on yet?

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 12, 2003
  5. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I've got the band to dissapear but can no loger see the connection bar. If i
    drag the taskbar down so its now non exsistant i can see the connection bar.
    How do i get the connection bar to sit on top of the taskbar as normal.

    Matt, Jul 12, 2003