Giving away Vonage VoIP Service

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Paul E. Jones, Nov 21, 2004.

  1. Folks,

    Many of you know about Packetizer (http://www.packetizer.com), which
    has been one of the longest-standing, independent web sites that
    offers information about VoIP and videoconferencing information.

    Well, after operating for 5 years, we've decided to give away VoIP
    service to some lucky winner. There's really no catch-- nothing to
    buy and nothing to lose.

    The service we're giving away is Vonage's "Premium Unlimited".
    Essentially, we buy the box and pay for the entire year's service.
    We've made arrangements with Vonage to provide the funds to cover the
    basic charges for a full year. If you win, you'll have free VoIP
    service for a year at not cost.

    Of course, Vonage knows we're doing this, but I should say there is no
    association between us and Vonage. We just happen to like their
    service, in spite of the fact they're using SIP -
    http://www.techabulary.com/s/sip.html ;-)

    As many know, I'm a fan of H.323 -
    http://www.techabulary.com/h/h323.html. To each his own, I guess.
    H.323 just does a much better job at video and integration with data
    collaboration services (not to mention it has some reasonable
    capability negotiation). OK, I'll stop the lecture ;-)

    Back to the contest, there are details to read, of course:
    http://www.packetizer.com/voip/freevoip.html

    I think you'll find it all reasonable. If in doubt, just ask me.

    Best Regards,
    Paul

    Paul E. Jones, Nov 21, 2004