    the accommodation was based on where I live (Germany), not on which
    languages I speak. Is it just me or is this whacked?

    James

    James Waite, Sep 18, 2003

  2. So bring a GameBoy Advanced...

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Sep 18, 2003

  3. James Waite

    billyw Guest

    whats whacked about it?
    just cause you claim to speak english (i have my doubts) doesn't mean that
    the rest of germany can speak english to your level (notice i didn't specify
    the level) so now you know you can leave 30 minutes early..

    billyw, Sep 18, 2003
  4. James Waite

    James Waite Guest

    Regardless of your confidence in my English ability (I was born in the
    US and lived there until I moved to Germany 2 years ago) it would
    seem a better policy to me to only give the extra time to people who,

    1. Ask for it.
    2. Provide documentation they need it.

    James Waite, Sep 18, 2003
  5. James Waite

    James Waite Guest

    That's the thing

    1. The test is offerd in German as well as most other european
    langueges, you CAN request whatever language you want when you sign up

    2. The extra time is not being given based on where I take the test
    but where I live. The test I took last week, in Germany but with a
    California home address, allowed the normal amount of time.

    James Waite, Sep 18, 2003
  6. James Waite

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Just a question....

    Why do really care? It is not like they are forcing you to take an extra 30
    minutes. You can still quit an leave when you are finished. So why are you
    so upset that they are giving you an extra 30 minutes? It seems like the
    rest of us should be upset that we are not given the extra 30 minutes. (Not
    that I really care, I usually finish with at least 30 minutes to spare)

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Sep 18, 2003
  7. James Waite

    Consultant Guest

    you are just whacked

    Consultant, Sep 18, 2003
  8. I can't (and won't) ask for Norwegian exams.

    But why cry about 30 mins extra time? You can go home when you are ready for
    a beer. I'm not that good in English but I have never used the extra time,
    the latest 70-229 was done in 55 mins.

    Petter
    Oslo, Norway

    Petter Børkeeiet, Sep 18, 2003
  9. James Waite

    billyw Guest

    i think thats a fair comment..
    maybe he was just feeling the need to feel important today..
    shame really, cause he comes across as a twat

    billyw, Sep 18, 2003
  10. James Waite

    Dev Lunsford Guest

    The reason he's saying all this isn't because he cares so much about having
    too much time himself - it's about the system, and why should people get
    extra time just because of where they live, when they don't need it? he's
    right, they should wait until someone asks for extra time before giving it
    to them.

    -dev...

    Dev Lunsford, Sep 19, 2003
  11. James Waite

    James Waite Guest

    Exactly...

    James Waite, Sep 19, 2003
  12. James Waite

    billyw Guest

    your obviously looking at things from a very selfish standpoint..
    i assume that if you are struggling with the exam and time expires (although
    u have 30 minutes left) you will finish it and see the outcome.. otherwise
    using your logic you would be having an "unfair advantage"
    they say travel broadens the mind... obviously not true for everyone

    billyw, Sep 19, 2003
  13. James Waite

    AT Guest

    What is the problem with getting the extra 30 minutes?
    You can still leave when ever you want to!

    AT

    AT, Sep 22, 2003
  14. James Waite

    S. O'Brien Guest

    I think that everyone is forgetting the purpose of this post. I believe the
    poster was objecting because the rest of us only have a certain allotted
    time for our exams and, being fluently english, he is objecting to getting
    special treatment just because of where he lives. I agree that he should
    not be given preferential treatment but if that is the policy, there isnt
    much he can do. I'd say he should just time himself and then end the exam
    at the allotted time (that the rest of us have) and hope for the best. That
    is about all he can do.

    Just my opinion

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
    enough people to make it worth the effort."
    Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

    S. O'Brien, Sep 22, 2003
  15. James Waite

    Walking Fish Guest

    James is right. You should only be able to get extra time when a test is not
    available in your own native language. Else people outside conus get an
    advantage (30 minutes is a lot of time). When I spend hundreds of dollars on
    a cert like mcse I want to be sure that it's worth something and doesn't
    allow for loopholes like that. This has nothing to do with being selfish..

    Walking Fish, Sep 22, 2003
  16. James Waite

    Crys Guest

    Well after all this debate, please let us know how you did
    and how long it took.

    Hope it goes well.

    Crys, Sep 23, 2003
  17. James Waite

    Waite, James Guest

    Right, I passed....in just a little over an hour....

    Waite, James, Sep 23, 2003
  18. James Waite

    JaR Guest

    Thank $Deity!