    Anyone have a customer service-type phone number forGiganews? I have email
    addressses & have looked through their FAQs, but can't come up with
    anything. Any help? Thanks

    the loner, Mar 25, 2006

  2. the loner

    Mike Easter Guest

    Giga sez they offer only email support, not telephone, telegraph, or
    videophone..

    How do I contact Giganews?
    Giganews provides all support and customer service through email.
    http://www.giganews.com/faq.html

    addies for sales, support, and billing.

    They also have an online webform http://www.giganews.com/contact.html

    The domainname registration information, snailmail address for the
    corporate offices, telno & faxno in Austin TX are not customer service
    numbers.

    They occupy Suite 500 in the Terrace II commercial building seen here
    from the street
    http://pacific.bizjournals.com/bizspace/austin/enhancedview.html?id=50500&from_home=1&t=lease

    and here from the air. http://snipurl.com/o495 a snurled googlemaps
    hybridview

    Mike Easter, Mar 25, 2006

  3. the loner

    the loner Guest

    ==Yup, got all that
    ==Yup, got all that
    yea, but.....no phone? Guess I could go visit...heh
    Thanks for the info Mike
    loner

    the loner, Mar 25, 2006
  4. the loner

    Mike Easter Guest

    Notice the *all* -- I interpret that as meaning all CS thru' email and
    *only* email, no other modality.
    Be sure to get the nuance I'm emphasizing.. Not just that there are 3
    email addies for support and CS, but that that email is the *only*
    support they offer. There is no other mode provided, with the exception
    of the web form access which I'm sure results in email correspondence,
    since an email addy is a required field for the form to work.
    Correct. Corporate and domain registration telno, but no customer
    service telno.
    Austin TX is a great little city; not so little any more, like it was
    in the old days.

    Telephone support is very problematic in terms of cost, and a lot of
    companies do it very badly. There are many modern day operations which
    strongly prefer email and other forms of non-telephone support.

    You would think that as a news provider, giganews might have some
    support newsgroups on their servers which don't propagate, but I don't
    see any mention of it on the site.

    Mike Easter, Mar 25, 2006
  5. the loner

    the loner Guest

    Yes, I did understand what you were saying--I was being a little sarcastic.
    And yes, the web form access is an email...however, I will say that they
    have responded promptly to me (althought not really answering my question).
    Many of their answers seem to be being read off a kind of customer support
    check list--kinda like comcast
    I looked for a giganews newsgroup as well. Ah well, as I said, they at least
    reply. I ended up resolving the problem myself, so no big deal...and you're
    probably right, actually speaking to customer support sometimes results in
    homicidal thoughts, so email only access is probably wise

    the loner, Mar 25, 2006
  6. the loner

    Vanguard Guest

    Did you try calling the phone number listed in their domain
    registration?

    Vanguard, Mar 25, 2006
  7. the loner

    Clued Weasel Guest

    Clued Weasel, Mar 25, 2006
  8. the loner

    the loner Guest

    No, actually i don't even know how to do that--can you lead me there?
    Thanks!

    the loner, Mar 25, 2006
  9. the loner

    the loner Guest

    the loner, Mar 25, 2006
  10. the loner

    Vanguard Guest

    http://www.dnsstuff.com/

    Lots of useful tools there. Use the WhoIs to get the domain
    registration for "giganews.com" (just enter the domain, not the hostname
    [of "www"]).

    Vanguard, Mar 26, 2006
  11. the loner

    the loner Guest

    the loner, Mar 26, 2006
  12. the loner

    jeff Guest

    dude, just email them, you'd have a response by now....

    jeff, Mar 28, 2006
  13. the loner

    samuel f. Guest

    Unless I missed something, Giganews does not advertise a support phone
    number at their site, which was a surprise to me after I forked over
    $24.95 for their 1 month unlimited account. Yeah, yeah I know - go dig
    around in their DNS records for a phone number - just what every customer
    wants to do after kicking down $25 to join their service.

    Considering the cash these lamers are making from their accounts, the
    least they can do is provide a support phone number like other news
    providers. I have accounts with Newsguy and Easynews, and both of them
    offer a support phone number, and their account fees are cheaper.

    I've since closed my Giganews account. Other than retention, I was not
    impressed with them, and have found other services to be a better value.

    samuel

    samuel f., Mar 29, 2006
  14. the loner

    cybergardener

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Giganews Phone Number - Billing

    On my credit card statement
    Giganews.com Phone Number for Billing is 512-225-5016. I suppose they're required by law to have a contact point for credit card billing. That's it!

    cybergardener, Apr 15, 2012