    ICee Guest

    Just create a newgroup account for news.giganews.com. No login
    necessary if you have an Adelphia IP.

    ICee, Jan 17, 2004

  2. ICee

    Miggsee Guest

    Huh?

    Miggsee, Jan 17, 2004

  3. ICee

    Harrison Guest

    Adelphia, an ISP noted for having lousy news service, is now giving
    their users Giganews service for no additional fees.

    Harrison, Jan 17, 2004
  4. ICee

    Zebraloc Guest

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Zebraloc, Jan 17, 2004
  5. ICee

    Miggsee Guest

    Then I need to drop my giganews pay account, and sign up for giganews with
    Adelphia! There news service has sucked, I never used it.

    Miggsee, Jan 17, 2004
  6. ICee

    Harrison Guest

    I just signed up for Adelphia this week.
    Their promotion was a free (after rebate) modem, $27/month for the
    first year, and no contract. If they're going to give away Giganews,
    that will sweeten the pot by $11/month.
    I'm going to try them for a month or so before dropping my current DSL
    provider. I've heard too many complaints on them to just jump in with
    both feet.

    Harrison, Jan 17, 2004
  7. ICee

    °Mike° Guest

    Replying to somebody else who's supposedly in your killfile!
    What a lying piece of gutter garbage you are.

    °Mike°, Jan 17, 2004
  8. ICee

    Miggsee Guest

    I've been with Adelphia for over 2 years. I'm very pleased, as no provider
    is perfect. They've been great to me. I'll love dropping the additional
    monthly fee for Giganews! :)

    Miggsee, Jan 17, 2004
  9. ICee

    Miggsee Guest

    He *un-binned* me. ;)~

    Miggsee, Jan 17, 2004
  10. ICee

    Miggsee Guest

    Agreed! :)

    Miggsee, Jan 17, 2004
  11. ICee

    Miggsee Guest

    Oh gosh! A flood of newbies will begin! :) Let's educate them all! (tinu nor
    tinta ;)

    Miggsee, Jan 17, 2004
  12. ICee

    °Mike° Guest

    He's still a lying piece of gutter garbage.

    °Mike°, Jan 17, 2004
  13. ICee

    ICee Guest

    Hi, Miggsee. Just discovered that it's considered 'beta' for now, but
    should go 'official' Monday. When that happens, you may have to use
    your e-mail logon and password to get into it. Any further info should
    be available at the _adelphia.powerlink_ NG.
    Except for about a 6 month period of time, and my posts showing up
    multiple times, it's been pretty good here, also.

    ICee, Jan 17, 2004
  14. ICee

    ICee Guest

    I could have sworn I typed in Adelphia before just. That's what I get
    for posting with a migraine headache. Blood flow cut off to the brain,
    i guess.

    ICee, Jan 17, 2004
  15. ICee

    Harrison Guest

    Mikey, I accept PayPal if you really want out of the bin that badly
    :)
    Why don't you put me in your killfile? That way, these things won't
    get you all stirred up and upset the other patients.

    Harrison, Jan 17, 2004
  16. I've had Adelphia as my ISP for about 1½ years. No major probs so far. The
    biggest problem was the l-o-n-g wait from when they announced they'd have my
    neighborhood up & ready for cable internet connection till when they
    actually did - over a year. The second was their absolutely lousy news
    server. Other than that, no complaints greater than what my dial-up ISP's
    were.

    Cathy

    Cathy Friedmann, Jan 17, 2004
  17. ICee

    °Mike° Guest

    Why reply to me, directly through Miggsee, coward?

    Why should I put you in my killfile? So that you can
    have free reign to slag me off with no comeback; so
    that you can stop pretending that I'm in your killfile?
    Don't kid yourself, you post editing shitbag.

    °Mike°, Jan 17, 2004
  18. ICee

    Harrison Guest

    Thanks.
    What kind of speeds are you getting?
    http://www.dslreports.com/stest

    I just ran my DSL and got 1215/235, but I think my son is running
    Kazaa.

    Harrison, Jan 17, 2004
  19. ICee

    Mara Guest

    I wonder if Andrew at Supernews would kill his account for attempted extortion?

    M-W:

    One entry found for extortion.
    Main Entry: ex·tor·tion
    Pronunciation: ik-'stor-sh&n
    Function: noun
    Date: 14th century
    1 : the act or practice of extorting especially money or other property;
    especially : the offense committed by an official engaging in such practice
    2 : something extorted; especially : a gross overcharge
    - ex·tor·tion·er /-sh(&-)n&r/ noun
    - ex·tor·tion·ist /-sh(&-)nist/ noun

    <snip>

    Mara, Jan 18, 2004
  20. ICee

    °Mike° Guest

    I think that's pushing the bounds a bit, don't you?

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Jan 18, 2004