Giganews and Newsleecher

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mark6677, Oct 9, 2006.

1. mark6677

mark6677

I am very new to newsgroup stuff.. I have downloaded these two programs, prior to this I had UseNext (which seems a lot simpler), and now I need to figure out what I am doing.

I am trying to update the articles in a certain group (a.b.movies) that I am subscribed to, and it seems that it will take FOREVER (like days...) for all the articles to be updated. Also, if I exit Newsleecher, then I have to re-update the damn group again. So I must be doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to figure it out. I feel like an idoit, so please help me...:hmm2:

Also, when I update the articles in the group... it goes in chronological order from oldest to newest, so it starts like 88 days back.. :(
    So, the first hour of downloading the articles would give me files like between 70-80 days old, while the 2 hour would give me say 60-70 day old files. i'm thoroughly confused..
    thanks
    mark

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
    mark6677, Oct 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question