    did leave the X window system running for a few days, I removed the
    MX400 GFX card and it was hot, really hot. I assume I have damaged the
    gfx card has anyone else experienced anything like this ?

    JD, Jan 7, 2006

  2. JD

    Erick Guest

    Video cards do get hot; sometimes hotter than CPUs. However, the MX400
    series seem to have a relatively short lifespan (in my experience, as I've
    had to replace quite a few). I doubt it was anything you did, most likely
    just the card dying.

    Another possible cause could be the KVM video cable going to that computer
    may be going bad. Not as likely, but still possible. At any rate, it
    wouldn't hurt to replace the MX400 before it does die.

    Hi all

    I have 2 systems linked via KVM switch to a 19" TFT monitor, standard
    Keyboard and mouse.

    System 1 is my gaming rig it has a X800GTO set at 1280x1204 @ 70Mhz -
    (Win2k, AMD 64 3200+,1Gig PC3200 @ 414Mhz, 2xWD Raptor 34Gig Raid 0,X800GTO)

    System 2 is my storage rig 1280x1204 @ 75Mhz. - (FreeBSD 6.0, AMD XP
    2600+, 1Gig PC3200, 2x WD-HDD 200GB)

    System 1 runs fine on the monitor, however when I switch to system 2 the
    screen is shadowed and dull. it only started doing this today however I

    Erick, Jan 7, 2006