Getting wireless access to Router working across local users.

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, May 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all

    I have a Giga-byte 54Mbps wireless lan card connecting to a 3com office
    connect ADSL router. The card and configuration software was installed with
    administrator privileges.

    I have no issues getting a connection between the two when I am logged on as
    the computer administrator. However, when I login to the computer with a
    different user account that has Power user privileges the card finds the link
    but won't connect.

    I have looked into the following with no luck:
    - the "runas" command works but prompts me to login each time...
    - the privileges given in the security templates for users and groups don't
    seem to relate to granting access to specific programs...

    Any help to solve this would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Chris

    Guest, May 27, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    :

    The card and configuration software was installed with

    chris,

    Did you double check to make sure that the IP settings and/or WEP/WPA
    configuration was set up for "everyone"? I once had a similar problem, i
    installed the card under admin, just as you did, but when i logged in under a
    different user i had to set up the wireless profile and IP information for
    that user as well. I only needed it for two users, so i don't know how to go
    about setting the profile for all users...

    Wes

    Guest, May 27, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Wes

    Thanks for responding.

    Part of the problem is that the wireless configuration software won't let me
    create another profile if I am not logged on as administrator. I have a
    message in to the software developer about this but have not yet received a
    response.

    How do you configure IP settings or WEP/WPA for "everyone"? Do you mean in
    the router or the Lan card?

    Chris

    Guest, May 28, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Wes

    Problem solved. I turned off the card's connection utility and went with the
    windows zero configuration utility. It seems to do the job across multiple
    users.

    Thanks
    Chris

    Guest, May 28, 2006