    perplexed.

    tschus
    pyotr

    pyotr filipivich, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Do uyou have the Yahoo spam filter enabled? If so, do you have YahooPops
    set to download only the inbox, not the junk>

    Lee

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 9, 2005

  3. I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Leonidas Jones
    Spam filter no.
    Yahoopops inbox ... let me see, yep. just the inbox.

    "Maximum number of emails to download per session" set to 50. Oops.

    "Dumb, da dumm, dumb."

    tschus
    pyotr

    pyotr filipivich, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Yahoo mail and thunderbird? Are Yahoo offering pop mailboxes now?

    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    Christopher Pollard, Jan 9, 2005
  5. yes

    [email protected], Jan 9, 2005
  6. Url? I can't find any reference to it on their main pages...

    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    Christopher Pollard, Jan 9, 2005
  7. pyotr filipivich

    Echy Guest

    Echy, Jan 9, 2005
  8. He is using an open source proxy program called YahooPops. Do a Google
    search for it. It set up Yahoo mail as a pop inbox in any mail program.
    Works very well.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 9, 2005
  9. [email protected], Jan 9, 2005
  10. I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Christopher Pollard
    yahoopops is a program which convinces Yahoo.com that a real human is
    reading the mail, (Or something like that, it's auto-magical.)
    Basically, you configure yahoopops to act as localhost for T-bird,
    Tbird fetches the mail from "localhost" which yahoopops fetches in turn
    from yahoo.

    Simple, no? Simple, no!

    tschus
    pyotr

    pyotr filipivich, Jan 10, 2005
  11. Ah, I see. I found that while searching, but then since Graeme said 'yes' to my
    'are Yahoo ofering pop? question, I thought maybe there was something actually
    from Yahoo.

    --
    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net