    anyone know what I have to do to get this working at the speed the processor
    actually is?

    Thanks

    gop, Jan 12, 2004

  2. gop

    FredG Guest

    Have you still got the FSB set to 100Mhz by any chance? If so, try
    changing it to 133Mhz.

    FredG, Jan 12, 2004

  3. gop

    FredG Guest

    Change it to 133Mhz in BIOS.

    FredG, Jan 12, 2004
  4. gop

    hootnholler Guest

    Hi gop,

    Fred and Navin are correct. That cpu should be running with a frontside bus
    of 133. There is probably a setting in the bios to set as such (if soft
    bios, if not, check the manual for a jumper or dip switch settings).

    Found a site that may help...
    http://www.doublehammer.com/winxp/amd_xp_speeds.htm

    Hoot

    hootnholler, Jan 12, 2004
  5. gop

    Ghost Guest

    go to the CMOS

    Ghost, Jan 12, 2004
  6. gop

    FredG Guest

    Your board has AMIBios. When booting hit the <DEL> key and enter BIOS.
    Go to CPU PnP SETUP, which is the second item in the right hand
    column.

    Use the arrow keys to get to DRAM Frequency, then use <Page Up> or
    <Page Down> to change 100Mhz to 133Mhz. Save, reboot, and you should
    see your CPU being correctly reported.

    HTH.

    FredG, Jan 13, 2004