    screen to come on as soon as i have the desktop??

    And i'm not talking about clicking on the little Outlook Exp icon, either.

    TIA...you guys are great!

    Mike M, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Mike M

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mike M said:
    Assuming your OS is 95 or 98, go to Control Panel | Internet and change from
    Windows Login to Network(?) Login

    Brian H¹©, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Mike M

    °Mike° Guest

    What operating system?

    °Mike°, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Mike M

    Mike M Guest

    Sorry..i shoulda stated that right away....i have Windows XP, Home.

    Mike M, Oct 6, 2003
  5. Mike M

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 6, 2003
  6. Mike M

    Mike M Guest

    Hi *Mike*...i downloaded the file....saved it to the hard drive as you
    instructed...but NOTHING seems to be happening after i rebooted the
    computer...i'm not getting the logon screen showing up right after the
    "welcome". I'm still clicking on the icon to get it to come up. Did i do
    something wrong??

    Mike M, Oct 6, 2003
  7. Mike M

    Mike M Guest

    Mike, it said something to the effect that it is using the default GINA
    setting....whatever THAT means. But i'm not getting the logon screen to pop
    up as soon as i get past the "welcome" notice. ~Mike

    Mike M, Oct 6, 2003
  8. Mike M

    °Mike° Guest

    MSGina.dll Features
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/security/security/msginadll_features.asp

    "GINA
    A Graphical Identification and Authentication dynamic-link library (DLL).
    The GINA is a replaceable DLL component that is loaded by the
    Winlogon executable. The GINA implements the authentication
    policy of the interactive logon model and is expected to perform
    all identification and authentication user interactions."
    If the Doug Knox script didn't help, then I don't know (I'm not
    familiar with XP.) Do you have separate user accounts set?
    Have you previously used TweakUI to automatically log on?

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Oct 6, 2003
  9. Mike M

    Mike M Guest

    *Mike* wrote:

    If the Doug Knox script didn't help, then I don't know (I'm not
    familiar with XP.) Do you have separate user accounts set?
    Have you previously used TweakUI to automatically log on?
    = = = = =
    Uh uh...i'm aware of that Tweak site, but I've never used it to log on
    before...and it's beyond me to figure out how to implement most of the stuff
    on that site. I"m a relative newbie on the PC (6 months and counting) ;
    i DO have separate user account set.

    BTW, whether it works or not, thanks for helping me on this. 8 ^ )

    It wasn't giving me the option to replace it.

    Mike M, Oct 6, 2003
  10. Mike M

    °Mike° Guest

    TweakUI is not a site, it's a tweaking tool.
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    Shorter link, in case the above wraps:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?B23361E11

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 03:35:10 GMT, in