    Any weblinks and suggestions would be warmly appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Arun.

    Arun J Martin, Jul 30, 2003

  2. http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcse/default.asp

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    Politician Spock, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Arun J Martin

    Marko Guest

    Hello Arun

    Who said 6 months? Have they done it?

    I think that is not enough for someone new to PC Hardware
    support as you referred to yourself. The recommended
    (refer microsoft.com/traincert) is 2+ years study and
    experience for MCSE. I am not suggesting that it can't be
    done - hell, some would say you can go to boot camp and
    come out MCSE after just 5 weeks! - but it is generally
    unrealistic and you will likely be referred to as a "Paper
    MCSE".

    My suggestion - as you are new - is aim to complete the A+
    from Comptia.org. This is designed for those who have
    500+ hours of study and experience under their belt and is
    a good grounding for those new to certification with
    comparatively little experience in the IT industry.

    Next, work towards MCP (complete one MS exam). I suggest
    70-210 on Windows 2000 professional, although 70-270 is
    the newer and slightly more difficult exam on Windows XP
    Professional.

    Next, decide on Network+ and / or MCSA.

    After completing MCSA, do three or so more exams and you
    will earn MCSE.

    Realistic time frame for high achievers from A+ to MCSE is
    6-12 months. For everyone else who remains reasonably
    focused and dedicated aim for completion in 12-24 months.
    Take your time and 2-3 years would be the goal.

    If you are a genius, I would suggest 50 hours of study for
    each exam (this is how long it takes to read and absorb
    the average MS Press book and perhaps try out the concepts
    that don't make sense first time). Expect it to be more
    like 100-150 hours per subject, made up of reading,
    practice questions, review of material and practicing on
    your home lab. You are going to set up a home lab, aren't
    you?

    Good luck!

    Marko, Jul 30, 2003
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jul 30, 2003
  5. Arun J Martin

    chris kirk Guest

    i agree with oters who say.... take it slow. try A+, and
    maybe network+ first. then work up to MCSA, and on to MCSE
    chris kirk

    chris kirk, Jul 30, 2003
  6. Arun J Martin

    Gary - US Guest

    Are you in India?

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Jul 31, 2003
  7. I am waiting for the 20 minute Bootcamp, I don't want to miss to much tv or
    anything :)

    BTW: If you did realize that was a JOKE so plz don't kill me and bury me in
    a shallow grave!

    David Maggard, Aug 2, 2003
  8. Arun J Martin

    freak Guest