    previously it would just logon straight to the desktop and icons.

    how can i get back there?

    using xp/sp2 thanks.

    G Man, Apr 17, 2006

  2. G Man

    JAMES Guest

    BY PASS LOGON xp2

    Start....Run Type control userpasswords2

    Now, first instinct tells you to uncheck the box that says "Users must enter
    a user name and password to use this computer" and call it good. While that
    is definitely one of the steps, don't do it just yet. You'll want to
    highlight the default user account first, and then uncheck the box. Windows
    will autoboot to whatever account is highlighted when you uncheck the box.
    Now, after you've unchecked the box, click OK. "Automatically Log On" should
    be the next dialog box that you see. Don't enter a password and click OK.

    That's all! You've told Windows XP what account you want as the default and
    it will now automatically load that account, and should stay there unless
    told otherwise. (If you log off, etc) Reboot, and test.

    JAMES, Apr 17, 2006

  3. G Man

    Meat Plow Guest

    Remove the password.

    Meat Plow, Apr 17, 2006
  4. G Man

    G Man Guest

    thanks james, ps there was no password, just the logon.

    G Man, Apr 17, 2006
  5. G Man

    JAMES Guest

    your welcome
    jim

    JAMES, Apr 17, 2006
  6. G Man

    spiceman Guest

    Thanks James, not looked on this group for months and found the answer to my
    latest problem.
    all the best, spiceman

    spiceman, Apr 17, 2006