    manually, in safe mode and from the command prompt all without success. Any
    ideas?
    TIA

    ***, Sep 9, 2003

  2. ***

    Ian Guest

    *** wrote:
    || I have several pieces of spyware on my computer that I cannot get
    || rid of, such as Bargain Buddy and several others. I run Ad-Aware
    || and try to delete them, but the program will not delete them. I
    || have tried to delete them manually, in safe mode and from the
    || command prompt all without success. Any ideas?
    || TIA

    Try Spybot Search and Destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Then install Spyware Blaster

    Ian

    Ian, Sep 9, 2003

  3. ***

    EH Guest

    EH, Sep 9, 2003
  4. ***

    trout Guest

    You could also try:
    Spybot Search & Destroy:
    <http://security.kolla.de/>

    or (brute force):
    MoveOnBoot:
    <http://www.gibinsoft.net/>
    (download):
    <http://www.webattack.com/download/dlmoveonboot.shtml>
    Allows you to move, rename or delete files on next boot.

    trout, Sep 9, 2003
  5. ***

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo, Sep 9, 2003
  6. ***

    Kim Krueger Guest

    Kim Krueger, Sep 9, 2003
  7. ***

    Kim Krueger Guest

    Dis-regard I sent the wrong link
    I am using Ad-aware Ver. 6
    That works well for me
    sorry about mis information

    Kim Krueger, Sep 9, 2003
  8. ***

    Boomer Guest

    Kim Krueger said:
    What does a free network query tool, "Sam Spade for Windows", have to
    do with removing spyware?

    Just curious.

    Boomer, Sep 9, 2003
  9. ***

    Boomer Guest

    Kim Krueger said:
    Thanks. :)
    But the OP said he used it and it did not remove the Bargain Buddy.

    Boomer, Sep 9, 2003
  10. ***

    Ron Martell Guest

    Is your AdAware updated to the latest 6.181 version? That has removed
    Bargain Buddy and pretty much everything else from several computers
    for me.

    If you still have AdAware 5.xx installed then you need to get the
    latest version 6 download and install it from www.lavasoft.de

    If you have AdAware 6 check the version number by launching the
    progrma and then clicking on the "Check for updates now" link. On the
    Performing Webupdate window the line for "Installed Core Application"
    must read 6.181 Personal. Otherwise you need to get the updated
    program and install it.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Sep 9, 2003
  11. ***

    Barry OGrady Guest

    I had the same but Spybot Search and Destroy removed it.
    It can't be removed via windows because it is in use.
    You also need to remove the registry entry.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Sep 10, 2003
  12. ***

    nemo Guest

    What files should I look for to see if I've got this program too? I've used
    "Find" on both words with no results.

    Nemo

    nemo, Sep 10, 2003