    automatically but for the life of me can't remember how.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Buffy, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Buffy

    ICee Guest

    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    ICee, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Buffy

    Ray Guest

    It depends on your power supply. Older computers are usually "AT"
    and AFAIK can't be shut down by Windows because they are turned
    off by physical flipping a switch on the computer to cut power.

    Newer computers are ATX and are shut "off" by a signal either from
    the OS (Windows, Linux, etc.) are the momentary contact switch
    (power switch) on the computer.

    (ATX computers really don't totally shutdown. A small current
    continues to be used by the motherboard to detect the pressing of
    the power switch or a special key on the keyboard.)

    Ray, Jun 25, 2004