    major pain in the frigging arse as it is so persistent like every three or
    four minutes.

    How can I get rid of this please someone?

    Teotwawki, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Teotwawki

    The Prophecy Guest

    --
    Download, update and use the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

    Spy Sweeper
    http://www.webroot.com

    The Prophecy, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Please follow these steps in order to clean your computer of Malware which
    can include Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Spyware, Hijackers and Dialers.

    Step 1:
    Download Spybot and Adaware from the following locations and install them.
    You should run both programs and clean up what it finds. This is to
    gaurantee that you find the most malware you can installed on your computer.

    Before running the scans on both programs, it is mandatory that you update
    the programs. There are update options in each program when you run them.

    Spybot
    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

    Ad-Aware

    If you would like to learn more about how to use these two programs with the
    proper settings you can read the tutorials below:

    AD-AWARE Tutorial
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=48

    SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY Tutorial
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=43

    When you scan with both programs, fix everything that it finds.

    When you are done with the scan and fixing the items. Please continue with
    the next step.

    Step 2:

    It is important that you run Spybot and Adaware before you proceed with this
    step. Fixing enties with Hijackthis may leave behind unwanted files on your
    computer if the previous step was not done first.

    Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory
    like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the
    backup/restore features.

    Download HijackThis from:

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the
    program. Click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save
    Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click
    on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on
    Copy.

    Register an account at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com and post this created
    log into the Hijackthis Logs forum at that site. To do this, once you are
    registered, create a new post, right click in message area and select paste
    to paste the log into the post.

    An expert will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries
    unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing as you may cause
    more damage to the system

    To see a tutorial on using HijackThis you can click on the link below.

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42

    Lawrence Abrams, Jul 13, 2004