Getting Rid Of An Adware Prog. That Keeps Saying Acces s Denied When I Try ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, May 14, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Have loaded a freeware program, that after starting up, it says that it is
    adware.
    Would like to dump it.

    But, there is no Uninstaller, it doesn't show in add/remove in the Control
    Panel,
    and I can't seem to drag it to the trash as I keep getting an error msg that
    says "access is denied".

    Real cute.

    How do I get rid of it, please ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, May 14, 2005

  2. Robert11

    joevan Guest

    What exactly did you download or load. What was it called. Was it an
    exe file? Did you first check it for virus? There are too many
    freeware programs to make a guess.

    joevan, May 14, 2005

  3. Robert11

    ellis_jay Guest

    Let me add my "duh" 's worth.......

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, May 14, 2005
  4. Robert11