getting RID: "additional plugins are required..." popup top menuNAGbar *nuisance* (firefox 1.0 )

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by dave, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. dave

    dave Guest

    ok, I admit it: I'm not a fan of flash, shockwave, or whatever other
    "plugin" jumping jiggly-motion-ware I'm supposed to <have dictated that
    I "need"> to <supposedly> improve my life, breach my security, "shake my
    screens around" or do anything else "for me" I don't want to =use= ANYway.

    the old version (0.9.3 was it?) of firefox worked GREAT without giving
    me that "nag bar" every eight seconds.

    how can I permanently KILL that "nuisace nag bar popup menu additional
    plugins are required..." dialog *nuisance*?

    can I do it by editing my 'about:config' or thru any =other= method
    known to man? if so, would you please outline the process?

    I'd be glad to hear of =any= method to achieve the goal. hopefully short
    of 'backgrading', uninstalling, and having to locate a firefox 0.9.3
    installer again?

    thanks in advance, guys

    tool

    dave, Dec 3, 2004

  2. dave

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:55:19 -0500, in message

    Check the archives, for example...

    http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=

    Ralph Fox, Dec 3, 2004

  3. dave

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    Too bad neither of those links provide the "complete" answer. But they
    do get you on the right track...

    [http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/firefox-windows.html#issues-nullplugin]:

    How do I stop Mozilla Firefox from prompting me to install a plugin?

    Open about:config, and set plugin.default_plugin_disabled to false. Then
    delete the file named npnul32.dll from your Mozilla Firefox plugins
    folder. You may have to enable showing hidden files to do this.

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 3, 2004
  4. dave

    bill yohler Guest

    Open about:config, and set plugin.default_plugin_disabled to false. Then
    cool, cool, cool. thanks ponykiller - your help much appreciated :)

    bill yohler, Dec 5, 2004