    On another note...does anyone find the Vista-Bashing Apple commercials
    irritating? Vista might have a bad name but its a great product.

    Steve Davis

    Steve Davis, Nov 4, 2008

  2. Actually, no. :)

    Truth is, as usual, Microsoft thought Vista's issue was "bad marketing" or
    "not enough marketing", so they're throwing money at it.

    What's especially notable is that they did this in the fact of planning the
    announcement for Windows 7 only weeks after making the decision to "throw
    money" at Vista marketing.

    If there's one thing I know about the fickle software buying community is
    that the announcement of Windows 7 just killed any future sales of Vista!

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 4, 2008

  3. Steve Davis

    Steve Davis Guest

    I tend to agree with Microsoft on this. Vista has a bad reputation from its
    early days. Many people I know had been unaware that Vista issues had been
    resolved and it has become a stable and very cool OS. The problem I have
    with the Apple commercial is that they are trying to create the impression
    that Microsoft would rather spend money on marketing to create a false image
    of Vista being stable than actually correcting the Vista issues when in
    fact, Microsoft has already spent the time and money stabilizing Vista and
    now they are spending money on marketing

    Steve Davis

    Steve Davis, Nov 4, 2008