    any more. It's a ContaxIIIa and does anyone know
    a good service site for old cameras?
    Peter

    Peter Jason, Sep 29, 2012

  2. Peter Jason

    Tim Conway Guest

    Sorry, I don't know of any.
    You might do better by posting to rec.photo.equipment.35mm.

    Tim Conway, Sep 29, 2012

  3. Peter Jason

    tony cooper Guest

    I don't know where you are located, but Kiwi Camera Service
    specializes in film cameras. Mike does good work at reasonable
    prices.

    http://kiwicameraservice.com/

    tony cooper, Sep 29, 2012
  4. Peter Jason

    philo Guest

    This place may be able to do it.

    I had a similar camera repaired by them about 15 years ago anyway.
    I think it cost $100

    philo, Sep 30, 2012
  5. Peter Jason

    Peter Jason Guest

    Thanks all.

    Peter Jason, Sep 30, 2012
  6. On the Manual Focus forum, one of the members sent her Kiev back to
    the people in the Ukraine - not the factory, I think, but ex-employees
    who'd set up as repairers. The Kiev and Contax are inextricably
    interlinked, as history will reveal.

    http://forum.mflenses.com/contax-rat-returns-from-kiev-t51757.html

    Unfortunately, I don't know the address or contact details of the
    repair folk. If it were me, I'd give that a go - who better knows the
    inside outs of the camera than the people who put them together? Also,
    they have a serious amount of brand new spare parts available.

    Grimly Curmudgeon, Oct 8, 2012